She turned towards Bella and quickly pulled her down as the van closed on them, covering the girls body with her own. The girls cling to one another and Carter quickly shit her eyes as she heard the van nearing them.

Just as she thought that she wouldn't be able to see her loved ones again, a cold hand rested on her shoulder and she felt something push her forward causing her to bump her head on the trucks door harshly.

All of a sudden the screeching had stopped and the girls turned around to see who had saved them from possible death. They came face to face with Edward Cullen who stared at the two girls in fear before his eyes went up to Carter's forehead and he tensed suddenly before climbing over the crash and rushing towards his siblings.

Carter turned back towards Bella and held her at arms length, "are you okay?" She asked, finally realising what had just happened and what could've happened had Edward not gotten to them in time.

Carter's whole body trembled as the adrenaline drained from her body and she winced at the deep gash on her forehead. Bella nodded before grabbing Carter's face and checking her all over, "are you?" She asked, just as scared as the girl in front of her nodded.

They could finally hear their friends around them as they shouted their names in panic. Carter stood up with the help of Theo, leaning most of her weight on the girl as her legs shook uncontrollably.

She turned towards the van where Tyler's head hung out, guilt clear on his face, "I'm sorry, guys. I tried to stop."

Mike helped Bella stand as Vicky approached them with her phone in her hand, she talked frantically to the person on the other side.

"They're sending an ambulance." She reassured the girls causing Carter to nod before the girl once more lost her balance, despite Theo helping her, and collapsed to the ground, slowly slipping out of consciousness.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

"I said I'm fine, seriously Bells." Carter groaned in exasperation at the brunette who sat next to her bed and held her hand with concern etched on her face.

"Carter, I'm so sorry." Tyler spoke up once again from the bed next to hers where he sat, getting stitches on his forehead.

Carter rolled her eyes subtly, she knew the boy was sorry. He had repeated the same sentence over a dozen times now and frankly, Carter was getting a little annoyed now. All she wanted was some peace and quiet but that was not about to happen apparently.

"Tyler, it's fine, it wasn't your fault, alright?" She reassured him once again just as the doors of the emergency room where opened, two figures clad in their police uniforms stepped in.

The two girls turned to look at their fathers who immediately came up to them. Charlie pointed a finger at Tyler, "you and I are gonna have a talk." He stayed as he reached the two girls quickly checking Bella for any injuries before turning his attention towards Carter who was hugging her father tightly.

As soon as the two parted, Charlie gathered her in another hug and squeezed her tightly, "thank you, honey." He mumbled, tears visible in his eyes but he refused to cry. Carter simply smiled at him, "she's my best friend, Uncle Charlie."

Jack turned to look at the boy behind them, "you can kiss your license goodbye." He stated with a glare.

Carter grabbed onto his wrist, "dad please, it wasn't his fault." She said causing Jack to scoff, "wasn't his fault? You both could've died." He responded.