Chapter 13

Iris was left on the floor sobbing a little. Even her tears started getting dried up after such humiliation and torture. What she still couldn't digest was the man's budding hatred toward her. 

Dimitrios left her locked inside the room and walked towards his study. Grabbing his suit he made his way out of the room for his office.

"Boss......" Igor's voice made him stop when he was about to take the car key from his butler. 

"You want to spend your little fairytale time with her?" 

Hissing through his voice he gritted his teeth to speak something that humiliated Igor enough.

"Boss... I wanted to say that Eastern Region needs our presence today. I have already kept the file ready. Dan wants some confirmation of the shipment." 

Looking at Igor's facial expressions Dimitrios understood how badly he mocked his most capable man. Of course, he hated Igor's increasing soft corner towards Iris because she was his to mold or destroy and he wouldn't just leave her in peace.

"Fine, let's get back to business." 

Hearing Dimitrios's order Igor silently followed him but both of them stopped when one of the maids called them out from behind.

"Sir, are we supposed to provide her with food?" Watching the old maid speaking genuinely Igor couldn't help but curse in his mind. They could have given her food secretly instead of blurting out such permission-seeking statements at that moment. 

Deep in his mind, he was praying hard for Dimitrios to become a bit softer towards her. After all, she had been starved since she had come. Above all, she just gained her consciousness in today morning. If the situation remained the same, very soon her body would collapse. While all her thoughts were running wild in his brain, Dimitrios gave his final verdict. 

"Just feed her once. If she throws any tantrums keep her starved." 

There wasn't an ounce of emotions in his voice while he spoke, rather the heated gaze of him told a lot. Keeping his head down Igor silently walked away from the mess and waited outside for Dimitrios. 

The chauffeur drove the car whereas Dimitrios chose to just ignore Igor for some certain reason. Things were still fine until Igor decided to break the monotony. If they would keep parting this way, the opponent would get more power to destroy what the Bratva had made and his family. 

"Boss...." Igor spoke grabbing Dimitrios's attention.

"Don't start with Iris..." He raised his hand before Igor could speak something. One thing he didn't understand was why Dimitrios was constantly thinking about the same school kid every time. Igor was not getting involved and even today Dimitrios was the first person to see her once she gained consciousness. Then there was no point in putting all the blame on him anymore. 

"Boss, I have no intention to talk about her. But why do you keep on thinking about the girl? She is no longer a threat."

"That's what you think Igor. You haven't seen her eyes. They held the fire of determination and I know the blood that is running through her vein."

"We can still let her go." Igor regretted his statement the moment Dimitrios's face came to his notice. His eyes were red and the intensity he was having was enough to make any grown-up man cry.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean....." Igor stopped in the middle watching Dimitrios loosening his tie a little. 

"You better not. I would never let her go." 

Igor remained silent watching the grown-up man getting aggressive over a simple statement. The budding hatred was clear and Igor was only fearing the destruction of both the party. Iris was an immature kid and Dimitrios was a grown-up egoistic man. None of them would stop until they destroy each other.