Chapter 2

Iris 

I lay down in between my parents all in the dried and fresh blood holding their hands all together in my both palms. My reckless tears kept on trailing down soaking my cheeks and the white collar of the school uniform I was wearing. I placed my hand again on my mother's womb. And there slept my brother, Maxim peacefully in my mother's womb away from me. My mother was pregnant with her four-month-old child. 

My parents might love him more than me as he got them together even when he wasn't born. He didn't even get the chance to see the first Sun that I had planned when my mom told me about him. I didn't get the chance to see my little brother growing in front of me. I had so many plans jotted down when my father told me I am going to get a little brother. A small baby. I made a few cards for him but never have I thought I would be watching him dying even before sparing a glance at this world.

"Mom....."

"Dad......." 

My earth-shattering scream made the house tremble along with every single part of my body. 

"No, I can't stay like this. I have to do something." I told myself while gazing towards the ceiling while lying in between two dead bodies. I managed to push myself up from the bloody floor. My skirt was drenched in red and so did my hands and legs. Those were of my parents' blood and I looked at their motionless silent bodies. 

I knelt again in front of my parents taking both hands in me. I closed my eyes and took a sharp breath before uttering the lifelong promise I made myself. 

"I promise to give you the exact or more painful death that you have given my parents. I promise to make you go through the same hell you put me in. I, Iris Yuri Ivanov vow to abolish your name and existence forever from this earth even if it costs me my life."

I kissed them on their forehead before standing up from the floor. Walking back to my room I found a small backpack on my bed. Without wasting a single time I opened that backpack and found my essential clothes, documents, and a few dollars and euros.

"Did they know about the attack? Why my bag is packed here?"

I asked myself those questions and eventually understood that my parents wanted to run away from this place but the reason wasn't known to me. 

I slid the bag on my back and walked to my father's room. It was the same as before as the commotion only took place downstairs. I opened my dad's wardrobe to look into it.
There were his shirts, suits all packed up. I inhaled sharply to have the last ounce of my parents' lingering smell. His favorite cologne was there too which I grabbed and slid into my backpack. My handmade cards were kept safely in his wardrobe which I used to give him on his every birthday since I started painting and crafting.  

My eyes kept on looking for the hidden safe behind those hanging jackets and suits.

Long ago he told me that one day if I ever feel threatened by an external force, I need to open this to protect myself. There would be always something for me but he had never told me what. I didn't know why did he say that. I didn't know why my parents were killed but he was my hero and my protector. I bet no one can take his place. 

Today I opened that safe and my world spun immediately. There was a small gun and a silver-colored knife whose handle was beautifully carved with a small stone. At the end of the handle, there was a blue dazzling stone that reminded me of my father's obsession with Blue Sapphire gems. I had never found him using a gun or knife then how came such things arrive in my dad's wardrobe? My mind froze with different negative thoughts. 

"Is he someone bad?" My mind scoffed.

"No, he can't be. He is the best father of this world." I retorted back in my mind brushing my fingers on those cold metals. I held the gun and it felt heavy. I didn't know how to use that. I had never seen a gun in real life except in a movie. I placed that in my bag and grabbed the knife.