Chapter 8

"This is insane. She is a minor." 

"The work she did doesn't look like that." 

"Boss....." Brian interrupted the ongoing conversation between Dimitrios and Igor. Looking at his Igor understood there happened something which needed to be discussed just then.

"Yeah..." Igor asked him.

"She is screaming and shouting to meet Bratva." 

"What she is actually speaking? Sorry, cursing." Dimitrios's playful smirk didn't go unnoticed by Igor who already tried to dilute the situation but failed twice.

"Call the f**king Bratva." Brian kept his head done while speaking the curse word. It was a direct disrespect to their boss. The man whom the world fears must not be annotated like trash. If it would have been someone else, his or her body would have been cut into pieces but because of her naivety and young age and Igor's interference, she was surviving.

Brian doubted how far Igor could protect the girl who already made a permanent place on the black list of Bratva. 

"Nice... Let's clear some point to her." Dimitrios was about to turn away when Igor came to stop him.

"Boss, I am coming too." He was not confident enough to let him meet her alone. Fire and Ice could never be kept together. And just with a small interaction, Igor understood Iris inherited the same stubbornness as her father but Dimitrios had his long way of merciless character too. 

"Why? Can't I handle her? Don't you think you are crossing your limits nowadays quite often?"

Igor bowed his head with a shameful expression plastered on his face. Of course, he had nothing to do with Iris but he couldn't trust Dimitrios too with Iris. 

"I am sorry, Boss. It won't happen again." 

"Well, you can join me but you would stay outside of the matter." Dimitrios winked at him and walked inside the cellar where Iris was kept tied down. Because of her continuous shouting, Brian had to put a gag in her mouth. 

When the door of the cellar got opened, Iris's bloodshot green hues came to his notice. He took a few steps to reach her and stood as an almighty king. 

"Girl, I heard you were saying something." 

Iris thrashed in her bound position but nothing worked except bruising her already bruised wrists and legs. 

"Oops. You can't speak." A throaty chuckle left his mouth hearing that Iris felt disgusted as well as angry. She felt like cutting open her ropes and strangling him right at that moment with her bare hands.

"I have some questions for you. I want a proper answer for them." His next sentence made her feel kick him in his guts but she chose to glare only instead of thrashing more. One thing she understood, was the more she was thrashing around the more she was getting exhausted, and since she had seen her parents die, she had no food in her stomach. 

"Brian, open her mouth." Dimitrios didn't give her a chance to think more. Brian came and removed the gag. The moment she got freedom of her speech those hateful words came out as it is.

“You, a shit… you…. You killed…..” She couldn’t complete her sentence when a splash of water came in contact with her face. Dimitrios threw a jug of water making her stop blabbering and cough a little due to the sudden invasion of the water in her throat.

“This is to wake you up from your dreams.”

"You...." She screamed again but before any more words got out of her mouth she found herself dangling in the air with her bound wrists and legs. It took barely a second for Dimitrios to pick her up by her shoulder and made her hang in the air.