( 𝟎𝟕𝟒 ) scavanging for supplies

Start from the beginning

Zoe had also been wearing the same clothes since the group of men had attacked them, and she wanted to change out of them desperately, not being able to stand the sight of them, so when they hadn't even been able to find a change of clothes, annoyed the girl to end. She was following behind Nate with a scowl on her face, until she looked to the side and saw a small shop that looked like it would have some clothes in, and she couldn't imagine Gabriel taking any of the clothes for himself considering what he was wearing. "Nate." She called out, when he had walked further down the road, not noticing that she had stopped in front of another store that he hadn't even glanced at.

Before he could even ask what she was doing, the girl entered the shop without another word spoke to the man, causing Nate to grunt in frustration, not wanting her to rush into a shop where they didn't know what was in there - Zoe headed through the front door without a care in the world, Nate picking up his speed and rushing to the door, pushing it open to find a dark clothes shop, filled with clothes, shoes and hats alike. Nate's first thought was that Zoe had come in to check for any clothes for Judith, it didn't occur to him that the girl may want a completely different outfit to get rid of the thoughts of those men; once he walked further in, he could see the girl coming back from the back of the shop, gun holstered as she looked around for any clothes that she could switch into, some that would still be comfortable, and allows her to do anything she could do with the clothes she was wearing now. "Wanna do some shopping?" Nate asked, a smirk on his lips as he watched the girl look through the tops.

Zoe rolled her eyes playfully at the boy, pulling out a shirt, still on the hanger, brushing the dust off, and handing it to Nate, "Here, you can be my personal assistant." She said, holding the shirt out and waiting for Nate to take it, a smirk on her face as she looked up at him. If he wanted to joke about clothes shopping, then he could be her personal shopping assistant as she found some more clothes to try on - when he didn't take it, raising a playful brow at her, Zoe pushed it into his chest gently, the man finally taking the shirt in his hands with a huff, causing Zoe to laugh, "Hey, you said we were shopping." The girl shrugged, turning back around to the shirts behind them.

Nate now regretted his joke about shopping, holding the girls shirt as she began to sort through multiple other T-shirts, occasionally holding more out for him to take, which he did, waiting until she was finally finished. He had seen this kind of thing in shows and movies, where the boyfriend would have to hold their girlfriends clothes whilst she was shopping, but he never thought that it would actually happen to him, especially not in this day and age, but Zoe always managed to surprise him, no matter what she did. "Never in my life, did I think I would be clothes shopping with my girlfriend." Nate commented, watching as Zoe put a few tops back, before moving onto the trousers, wanting to find a pair that wasn't so dirty and ripped.

"And I never thought the world would end. But here we are." Zoe added, smiling up at the boy when she put some jeans into the pile Nate was holding for her.

Nate chuckled, shaking his head in amusement when the girl said that, but his face quickly sobered up when Zoe began to shrug off her jacket and shirt, not bothering to use the dressing gown across the shop floor. A smirk immediately made its way onto his face as he watched, Zoe not even caring as she took the first top off of the pile, shrugging it on, and moving around in it like she usually would, stretching around to see if it would be comfortable for when she had to fight any walkers or people. "You modelling for me, now, babe?" He asked, as Zoe smiled at him and pulled of the shirt, letting it drop to the floor as she grabbed the next one.

"If you want me to." Zoe replied, striking a pose as Nate clapped his hands, a huge smile on his face as he looked at his girl having fun, the smile on her face making everything worth it in the end; he would do anything to keep that smile on her face every second of every single day. Nate put the rest of her clothes in the side as he pulled over a chair from behind the counter, taking a seat as Zoe looked down at him with an amused look on her face, "Good show?" She asked, as Nate nodded his head eagerly.
The girl didn't waste any time climbing onto his lap, straddling him as she smiled down at him, "I love you." She mumbled, stroking his overgrown hair out of his face and admiring him. Zoe didn't think she would ever be able to love someone as much as she loved Nate, but she's proven wrong every single day..