Chapter 5

Elenore and Mumbo talked quietly in the corner of the classroom, discussing the dream they both had two night's ago. They didn't get a chance to discuss it in person yesterday, the friends were constantly together- which was great, less worry and trouble when they were together. Elenore and Mumbo though, had agreed to show up rather early to their first class today.

"It would have to be, there's no way he would do that." Mumbo said. Elenore nodded in agreement.

"Yes, yes... but... I mean- you saw it, right? It was all normal at first, and then..." Elenore trailed off.

"He's already a prankster, that's what he will do. Besides- he cares too much to do any of it on purpose. If anything it would happen by accident!" Mumbo said.

"Yes, but-"

"Accident? Did something happen?" Grian asked, walking over. There was a slight look of concern on his face.

"Oh- Grian!" Mumbo jumped. "Uh, nothing happened." he chuckled, rubbing his neck. "Not yet at least. We were just discussing something that we realized could end unfortunate if we weren't careful." he said. Elenore nodded.

Grian smiled. "Ah, well be careful then, we really don't want accidents to happen!" he chuckled. Mumbo smiled.

"I'll be heading out to get a drink then, before class starts. I can't study or fly on a dry throat." Mumbo chuckled. He slipped passed Grian, who watched him intently, and to the door. He opened it the rest of the way- it had been half closed. He assumed Grian closed it slightly when he came in, because it wasn't like that before.... Wait- When did Grian ever do that? He never moved the door, the teacher did! So why-

Splat!!

Ah, that was why. Pie. A lovely, cream pie, now all over in his hair and running down his face. Laughing burst from within the classroom, echoing all around. Grian's iconic, maniacal laugh... Like Mumbo said earlier, prankster... Sigh...

So, out the door he went- tripping over a pile of books onto- was that a mattress?! here of all places! At least it was a soft landing... Grian began laughing, Elenore and Mumbo joining him. It was obvious, Grian was too sweet, to fun loving to do anything evil. He was too much of a fun loving, caring guy. Over to Mumbo Grian came, helping his friend to his feet then off to the bathroom to help get him cleaned.

***

Flying. Flying again is what the class was doing today. And this time Grian brought his wings. And luckily for Elenore, Scar brought another handmade pair, already waiting out in the field. Elenore couldn't stop thanking him.

While Elenore and Grian couldn't stay still in the air, they could rocket themselves through the hoops on the little training course, which they all had fun with. "Woah- how do you guys do this?!" Elenore said, managing to pull up before crashing into a poll.

Grian laughed in reply. "That's what I would like to know!"

"Lot's of practice and training!" Mumbo said, laughing as he watched the two stumbled in the air. Scar chuckled along.

"You guys have got some mad skills then- this is by far harder than it looks!" Grian said.

Mumbo chuckled, gliding through another hoop whilst doing a loop. As he started his way down again, aiming for the hoop again, his wing suddenly twinged, pain shooting through it as it curled up slightly. He turned a little, so now his back was facing toward the ground as he grabbed his shoulder, yelping.