Chapter 4

A/N; I know, it's long XD But enjoy! Here we start... the real adventures... Sort of. Ps, sorry if it's too lengthy! I tried to stuff it all into one chapter, hence the EIGHT PAGES! (Basing that off of Quotev) XD Oh well, better than nothing!

        Grian sat beside Mumbo and looked at him opening his mouth to talk. He was ready to tell him all about his week when he was away on holiday. The clouds were lovely, the horses chased him often, and he nearly lost his phone, while taking pictures, at least a million times. Maybe he should stay away from cliff edges from now on... He paused slightly and raised an eyebrow. "Mumbo? Mumbo, wake up!"

        Mumbo jumped upright, letting out a quiet squeak. "W-wh-what?" he asked, looking around quickly.

        "Mumbo? How much sleep did you get last night?" he asked upon noticing the large bags under his friend's eyes.

        Mumbo rubbed his face tiredly and began mumbling some sort of response before starting to doze off again. Grian flicked his fingers in his friend's face, making him jump awake again.

        "Mumbo, how on earth did you get here without falling asleep on the sidewalk?" Grian asked.

        Mumbo yawned tiredly and stretched. He shook his head to wake himself up and looked at his friend. "I-" he yawned again. "I couldn't sleep at all last night..." he replied. He folded his arms on top of the desk and laid his head on them. "I was kept up all night b-by a weird... feeling or something..." he said, beginning to doze. He jumped again when Grian called out his name.

        "What weird feeling?" Grian asked.

        Mumbo sat up straight and rubbed his face again. He let out a small sigh and looked back at Grian. "I felt like I was being watched. All night long." he said.

        Grian bit his lip. "It could have been a bird or something, watching through your window." he said.

       Mumbo shook his head. "It wasn't a bird. I checked a million times. Nothing was there, or anywhere." he said.

       "You don't think it could have been..." Grian trailed off. But what if it was? This couldn't be good... could it? Were they planning something?

        "Those watchers? I think it was. It was a more unsettling feeling of being watched." Mumbo said, glancing around slightly.

        Scar strolled in finally, rolling to his spot. He let out a yawn and looked toward his friends. "Hey- why does Mumbo look so tired?" he asked.

       "Mumbo got no sleep last night. He said he'd been kept awake the whole night feeling like he was being watched." Grian said, as Mumbo began dozing again.

        "Really?" Scar asked. "I was feeling it too- but not as bad I guess."

        Both of them felt it? It surely was no coincidence then... It had to be them... But why would they do it all of the sudden? And why them? Did they know Etho had overheard them..? He'd have to ask through their group text. It sounded like, his friends at least, were being targeted, watched...

        The next few hours went by normally for the most part. Mumbo kept dozing, kept falling asleep, and kept getting his name called. Scar rather enjoyed his classes, especially the ones with Show and Tell that day- of which Grian regrettably forgot about. Grian's day went by completely normal- except for the unsettling feeling in the back of his head... And then the college day was over, and the friends realized something as they reunited outside the doors...

       "Where's Elenore?" Grian asked, looking around. "She hasn't been in any classes all day.." he said.

        "She's..." Mumbo yawned, for the millionth time that day. "She's probably sick at home, slept in or something..." he said, rubbing his face.