this ones for you eddie. * MAY CRY*

Bring tissues,  you may need them.

●●

Graduation. No big deal right? You just toss on that cap and gown,  walk the stage snatch the diploma and run like hell out of there obviously not before flipping the bird. Graduation was a big deal , not only for Eddie but for you too. It was a big day, the day you can finally forever leave this hell hole.

You woke up early that morning with the feeling of excitement in your stomach and the thought of graduation on your mind. 86' it was finally here. Your year. Hustling around the kitchen getting something quick to eat. Wasting no time you  quickly ate before getting ready. You and Steve were meeting up with the rest of the kids for some before graduation fun. You were the only one out of your friend group graduating. Dustin,  Lucas, Mike, will and max still had a few years ahead of them so it only made sense that everyone wanted to make this day big for not only you but for Eddie as well.

After getting dressed you slid on socks and boots panting from the excessive exercise You still , still couldn't believe that you were graduating,  you never thought you'd make it. Not because you're bad at school, you are actually pretty decent at it its just that a lot of teachers didnt like you and it wouldn't have surprised you if they did something to stop you from leaving, but to your surprise they just wanted you the hell out of school and to be fair you wanted the same thing.

Honk honk. You heard the car outside. Shit shit shit hes here already ? Ok y/n... you look great absolutely gorgeous. And you did , you looked amazing. There you stood in the mirror wearing yours and Eddie's favorite black dress. The dress hugged you perfectly. Your curves, hugged, your thighs hugged, your stomach? Hugged. Fishnet stockings hugged your legs while your studded boots covered your feet Eddie's necklace around your neck and his guitar pick attached to that same necklace. Everything was great and just how you wanted it. Your long wavy hair hung to your mid back bouching as you rushed outside. Eddie's leather jacket on your back and his rings on your fingers. The door slammed shut.   This was all so surreal.

● at school ●

Upon arrival you saw hunders of cars in the parking lot as well as hundreds of people. The football field was filled with chairs and people, the feeling was overwhelming but you could handle it. Steve was doing his normal pep talk. "You got this y/n.." Steve's hands rested on your shoulders , he was definitely more nervous than you were. "Thank you steve." Before he could say anything you heard the principle began his speech which meant you and all of the other kids needed to line up. Now the nerves began to set in. What if this is a joke? What if you get out there and in front of all of those people they say sike and everyone laughs at you. That wont happen will it? Panic began to set in and before it would turn into a panic attack you felt a hand on your shoulder.

"Eddie!" You squealed putting your arms around his shoulders. His laughter filled your ears as his arms went around your waist. Oh the sweet smell of his cologne and cigarettes filled your nostrils once more. "Hey princess, are you ready? This is it." Eddie was so proud of you. The excitement beamed off of him. You pulled back and said of course. "I've been ready."

Suddenly you heard them list off names you faced the door and watched as a few kids walk across the stage. This was it , this was really it you thought. You turned to look at eddie and realized he wasnt there. You had no time to think because your name was being called. Quickly you reached the stage , climbed the stairs and waved to the roaring crowd in front of you. You saw dustin, steve, Robin,  max  , Nancy,  mike, will , Lucas , el and Jonathan. They all screamed the loudest for you. Turning to look at the principle you snatched that diploma , flipped them the brid and faced the crowd. High in the air you held your diploma with honor. Smile fresh on your face and tears in your eyes.

"This ones for you eddie." You looked up at the sky and blew a kiss. You knew he was proud of you , you knew he was cheering you on the entire way. Your heart still couldn't handle the fact that he was no longer here but he wasnt and since the moment he left you , you promised him you would walk that stage, snatch that diploma flip the brid and run like hell out of there.. and you did, you did all of that for eddie because you knew it was his dream and just because he couldn't have done it himself doesn't mean it still couldn't happen.

"86' 86 is my year, I can feel it. I'm serious this time."

••

A/n I know it's short but this idea was stuck in my head since yesterday!! If I made you cry I definitely apologize. I hope you are enjoying my work so far!! Thanks for all the support. ♡♡