Jack Meets Eliana

Start from the beginning

As Eliana watched closely, she watched a couple of guys inhaling marijuana in their warm rooms. Some were smoking and choking on it, while others were dabbing it with a vaporizer. A roar of sheepish laughter came from the empty apartment. Just then, Eliana felt her hair pulling up. It gave her goosebumps to watch them. Meanwhile, she was standing a mile away.

The dark cloud swept through the moon. Eliana let out a sharp screech. Her blood gave and hot tingling sensation as she wolfed out. The effect of the moonbeam on her was just a blink of an eye. Eliana veined out as her eyes glowed. She howled in sudden pain as her bones creaked and stretched, taking the shape of a wolf with light-blonde furs. Her yellow eyes glowered towards the moon as she took full form. Only parts of her large ears, nose, and muzzle were dark brown.

Eliana usually wolfs out in her room, though it takes a lot not to jump out of the windows or burst out of the doors. Maria fixed the mess she caused now and then.

"Owwww!" Her yowl echoed into the dark sky and Jack heard, it from a distance. His breath shivered as they whispered it from a ghost, but he drove on.

In no time, Jack zoomed into the avenue. Parking his Volkswagen, his hot breath lingered in the frosty night as he stepped out. The place was blaring with music from inside the rooms, so they did not know.

Checking his mid-sized handgun and adjusting it at the back of his Jean trousers, with the brown jacket over it. Walking in, the place was littered with cans and bottles of alcohol, used leathers, syringes, and condoms. One would imagine the type of crimes that had taken place at such a place. Jack ignored the garbage littering around. With silent steps, carefully and gently.

'Tap-Tap-Tap!' He knocked on the door.

'Tap-Tap-Tap!' someone opened the door and Jack pulled out his gun at him.

He raised both hands in defeat, wondering who he was. There were about 20 gang members in the apartment.

"Who's that?" Another person asked and Jack deepened his left hand into the pocket of his jacket, showing them his ID. It was a secret job. That was why he didn't come with the police or the patrol car.

"Warrant to search this apartment." They knew that they were guilty of different sorts of crimes. The guys seated pulled out of their chairs and everyone stopped what they were doing. One who had piercings on both sides of his nose reached for his gun.

"Don't even think about it!" Jack warned before he reached for the gun. Disappointment graced his eyes as they murmured, matching out in a single line.

Jack's eyes searched them one after the other, with a fierce warning. He doesn't need to pull the trigger. His eyes are enough.

Just then, siren cries filled the air and the gang members looked at themselves in confusion. The cyclic waves of air pressure danced like a disco light as two police vans zoomed into the arena. Three other officers joined him as they dragged the criminals into the vehicles.

Just then, it occurred to Eliana who Jack was. She watched from a distance as the police officers drove off. Jack stood behind, searching for evidence. Something pulled him back as he walked around the place.

'Were they hiding something else?' He suspected.

Meanwhile, one of the gang members was still in the building. He hid himself inside the cabinet in the kitchen and crawled out by the silence of the room. Knowing everyone must have left.

Like a snail out of a shell, the guy loaded two silver bullets into his empty gun, getting a better view. Squatting like a tortoise, not to get caught. Jack opened the chest of drawers, searching. Then he noticed three heavy bags. Unzipping them, he realized they filled the bags with $100 paper currency. A next turn and the gang member pulled the trigger.