▪︎ two : convenience store ▪︎

"next." mark said as he cleared the data on the computer for the next customer.
"is this all, sir?"

"yes."

once mark heard the familiar voice, he looked up to see the one and only lee donghyuck standing there with all his glory.

scanning the products with the scanner tool, mark was secretly scanning the younger too. funny, because mark could still scan the stuff while stealing eyes at donghyuck.

oh God mark could just endlessly compliment everything about the younger right then right there. he was annoyingly gorgeous, wearing a stripped black and white shirt covered with a black leather jacket and the same ripped jeans he wore the other day during lunch with the boys.

not all, his piercings were unusually noticable around his ears and he wore a black snapback that covered the upper part of his face.

"t-that... would be ₩3,540." mark said, rubbing his nape and head hung low, while putting the things in a plastic bag.
"anything else?"

"yes actually," the younger said, "could you give me a that box of smoke right there? the black one."

"can i see your id, sir?"

"i'm over 18, just give it to me, and i'll pay." donghyuck cockily responded, clearly annoyed that now cashier noticed. mark chuckled nervously.

"look, i can't give it to you if you can't let me see your id." even if it's donghyuck, mark could still follow the rules of not smoking while being underage.

"just. give it. to me."

"no." oh how he wanted to faint right there while seeing donghyuck's teeth grit in annoyance. his words were confident, but inside he was about to pass out. that younger kid... he looked scary.

"hm, i know you." oh fuck no you don't.
"you're that michael guy johnny hyung introduced last time at carl's."

"okay first of all, it's mark s-see it's written here on my name tag. and w-what do you mean."

"pretending to forget here, are we?" the tan skinned male poked his tongue to his inner cheeks and scoffed, making mark more flustered. all of a sudden before mark could even get the slightest look, donghyuck's eyes glew blood red for just a millisecond before blinking and getting back to normal. only now, he was tense.

"i don-"

"forget it. here, keep the change." the younger said with an eyeroll and placed some cash before scurrying out of the convenience store. the sudden retreat made mark confused as he tilted his head in confusion.

"huh." he rubbed his head before shrugging and getting back to business.

-

"i told you he was... scary, you asshole."

"don't call me an asshole, markle sparkle." johnny said, pointing a finger at the younger like a father scolding his son.
"you're the one seeing things."

"i do not see things, john! his eyes, they glowed red and like he suddenly had to leave or something. he was asking for a smoke!"

"oh i forgot to tell you that he's 19." the older said which made mark feel bad for hyuck and groaned while hitting his head. 

"shit."

"why, he bought a smoke and you saw and stopped him midway while he's paying as the cashier? oh dang, you're already getting on his bad side alright." johnny could only chuckle while mark was rethingking his life decisions.

"no, i was the candy bar on the rack. of course im the cashier, dummy."

"hmhm yeap, you definitely messed up, dude. no kidding." again, johnny could only laugh.

for once i agree with you, john.

-

"i mean, who the fuck does he think he is." donghyuck complained, inhaling another breath of cigarette, as he and his friend na jaemin who leaned onto the dirty walls of the small alley between the tall buildings of the city chat through the night like always.

"yeah no kidding, some people just don't let off that easily, you know? oh! maybe cuz you look young."

"shut up." donghyuck growled, "but the thing is i don't have an id. i'm not... human." the tan-skinned male groaned and threw the used smoke that he had taken from jaemin down to the ground. stepping on it harshly, the raven headed boy can only chuckle at his friend's misery and short temper.

"reason why you're an angel, hyuck."

"don't go over it again-"

"one, you're motherfucking gorgeous if you're human i'd totally lay my eyes on you kiss you."

"okay honestly first of all that's kinda hot of you and wow, i very am honoured right now." donghyuck rolled his eyes sarcastically, clearly not liking where this is going.

"what language even is that, british?" jaemin scoffed.

"alphabet language, shut the fuck up."

"but, as you can see clearly, you're so fucking rude people always misunderstand you as a devil." jaemin pressed his words on 'rude' explaning that he, a devil, also thinks that donghyuck is one spicy-worded male.

"no shit, sherlock. i'm a fallen. can't you see?"

"fallen angels don't always have to be bad, donghyuck. they can be good too." jaemin winked and threw the stick of used smoke down to the ground as his friend did, but didn't step on it.

"and what if i become good, i can be an angel again? impossible."

"who knows? maybe it's true."

"impossible. father says we can't go back to the way we used to be unless we really commit to it. and no, i'm not one to commit that easily, jaem. it's just a myth anyways." sassily, donghyuck flipped his brown hair backwards and raked his fingers through his soft locks.
"i like being a devil once in a while too, it's cool to be intimidating."

"hm. you know sometimes i'm curious to why you're an angel. because damn you fit more to be a devil. you're... bad."

a breathy scoff was all jaemin got as a response from the older.

"as if i ever want to be a fallen in the first place." donghyuck mumbled to himself, coming unheard by the latter.

"what was that?"

"nothing. let's get going, dumbass."

-