33. {theo's pack}

Start from the beginning

"i don't understand why i have to be here." dark moonee told theo as she pulled a few books out of her locker.

her eyes had skimmed over hayden and franchie, disregarding their presence. the day before, franchie nearly burst into tears when dark moonee had shrugged her off. the girl had been worrying for her best friend and it broke her heart to see she wasn't even the same person.

"because, you're still a fifteen year old girl who needs an education?" theo stated.

from afar, mason and liam were watching the four. liam's heart physically stopped for a moment when he saw the girl. mason had to stop him from advancing over as scott told them not to get involved. it took all of liam's mental and physical strength to restrain himself from talking to her, and theo could tell.

"whatever." dark moonee rolled her eyes. "have you seen xan?"

theo smirked, "who, your girlfriend?" he said the last word a little louder, hoping liam would catch it.

dark moonee gave him a look, "why are you yelling?"

"xan isn't in today." franchie told her.

"great." dark moonee groaned, "how am i supposed to make it  through the day?"

"i think you'll live." theo reassured her.

"we've got biology with mrs finch now, so no i won't." dark moonee announced while slamming her locker door shut.

"is liam in that class?" theo questioned.

"yeah." hayden nodded as they began to walk off.

"remember what i told you." theo turned to dark moonee.

she scoffed, "i don't take orders from you."

"as a matter of fact, you do." theo reminded her, "you all do."

dark moonee glared at him, "whatever."

"enjoy biology." he sneered.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"codominance, a relationship among alleles where both alleles contribute to the phenotype of the heterozygote. quite a mouthful, i know, but it's exactly what we'll be learning in today's lab." mrs finch told her class. "students in the first and third row, look behind you- these are your partners."

dark moonee, seated in the front row, didn't even have to turn around to see who she was working with. she already knew who it was as he had been burning a hole into the back of her head with his gaze.

with a grin on her face, dark moonee pivoted around and stared at liam. the boy's heart began to pound in his chest but luckily, dark moonee didn't have advanced hearing.

liam dunbar was nervous. he had no idea what to say to her because he didn't know whether she would act like franchie or hayden.

everyone in the class shuffled around to sit with their assigned partners. unsurprisingly, franchie was with hayden and corey was with mason. as mrs finch's continued to lecture the students on the day's biology topic, liam couldn't help but glance over to the girl beside him from time to time.

mrs finch had just finished drawing a very impressive diagram for codominance on the chalkboard, which involved a red fish and a blue fish mating to create a purple fish.

"remember that in codominance, neither allele is recessive- the phenotypes of both alleles are expressed." mrs finch explained. "in human blood, what is a good example of codominance?"

"type ab." corey said confidently.

"very good!" their teacher smiled. "so, today you're going to solve a little mystery."

"i love mysteries." franchie whispered to hayden, who gave her a smile.

"glad to hear that, francesca. so, two couples had babies on the same day in the same hospital." mrs finch informed them, "were the babies switched? open your packets and read the instructions."

"can i help you?" dark moonee spoke out as she skimmed through the packet in front of her.

liam was surprised that she decided to talk to him. "huh?"

"you need help reading this or what?" dark moonee questioned.

"no." he shook his head, "of course not."

"then what do you want?"

"are you okay?" liam eventually asked. "no one has seen you in the last three days and you've come back acting like everything's normal."

"has something happened?" dark moonee questioned, finally taking her eyes off the desk to look at him.

the first thing liam noticed was how much darker her features were, especially her beautiful, brown eyes - they were practically black.

"yes?!" liam exclaimed.

"what's your problem?" dark moonee hummed.

"my problem? you mean, how you're hanging out with a total psycho that tried to get me to kill your brother and then did it himself?" liam hissed. "yeah, okay. maybe that's my problem."

"that is so embarrasing." dark moonee chuckled.

"what?"

"that you and theo were incapable of permanently killing mccall." dark moonee shrugged.

liam looked appalled. "what is wrong with you?"

"be quiet."

"why are you acting like this?"

dark moonee groaned in irritation. "you are so annoying, you know that? i should've just killed you then and there."

before liam could respond, mrs finch walked over to them and gave them a stern look. "seems to be a lot of discussion over here. i can't imagine you've already solved the mystery, have you?"

"i mean, it's been three minutes since you gave us these packets... so obviously not." dark moonee told her.

mrs finch didn't even know what to say back to her remark, but she stood her ground, "get to it."

⎯⎯ ❃ neens speaks!

if moonee has a million fans, then i am one of them.
if moonee has ten fans, then i am one of them.
if moonee has only one fan then that is me.
if moonee has no fans, then that means i am no longer on earth.
if the world is against moonee, then i am against the world.