33. {theo's pack}

Start from the beginning

"could you at least fight back?" dark moonee scowled.

scott shook his head, "are you okay?"

dark moonee groaned in aggravation, her eyes radiating a dark grey - almost black. she threw her hand up and utilised the air to drive scott onto the wall. she held him in place by his neck, firmly squeezing it and slightly cutting off his air supply.

"what... did you do?" scott asked theo, his voice hoarse.

theo shrugged, "i found some new friends. i don't take rejection well."

"hey, theo!" stiles called out, sarcastically.

"stiles." theo deadpanned, uninterested in his presence.

"fran?" stiles questioned, "what are you doing here?"

"field trip." theo answered for her before turning his attention to scott who was lifted into the air. "you're going to leave here thinking that you need to worry about me... but you're wrong. because that thing?"

xan pointed around to the carnage from the beast the previous night.

"that's what we need to worry about. your pack, excluding moonee and francesca. and mine, including moonee and francesca." theo couldn't help but smile at himself, "see what i did there?"

"we see." stiles rolled his eyes.

"what did you... do to them?" scott breathed out.

"i saved their lives." theo explained, "all of them. they're just returning the favour."

"moonee never died." stiles shook his head.

"yet i still managed to saved her." theo clarified, "now, we're gonna go back to school and pretend like we're normal teenagers, but at night, we're going to be fighting for our lives."

"wh-what is it?" scott asked, anxiously.

"it's not a chimera." theo stated. "moonee."

the girl sighed in disappointment. she diverted her grasp from his neck to his chest, pressing him down against the wall harder.

"thank you. it was hard having a conversation with someone who couldn't even breathe!" theo exclaimed.

"i don't know why you're sparring him." dark moonee hollered back, "you're the one that told me i could do what i want."

scott didn't look amused by the two's childish bickering. they acted as if they had been friends for years. "but it's just a kid underneath- someone like us."

theo shook his head, "not anymore."

scott glanced down at the message written on the floor. theo followed his eyes and stomped on it as hard as he could, cracking the ground and destroying the message so it could no longer be read. scott groaned out in annoyance and frustration, making dark moonee smile.

"come on." xan spoke out to her.

dark moonee nodded, she flicked her wrist and watched as scott harshly dropped to the ground. xan took her hand and guided her to follow theo and the rest. franchie and corey had teamed up to drag the paralysed josh out with them.

"fran!"

"moonee!"

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

for a girl that had been missing for three days, it was unusual to see her walking around school as if nothing had happened. dark moonee simply ignored the confused glances she received as she sauntered to her locker, theo by her side. waiting there for them was hayden and franchie.