Chapter 3

Featured song: "The Sharpest Lives" by My Chemical Romance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Arabelle's POV

(singing) "Give me a shot to remember, and you can take all the pain away from me! A kiss and I will surrender! The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead... A light to burn all the empires! So bright the sun is ashamed to rise and be, in love with all of these vampires! So you can leave like the sane abandoned me!" I sing loudly, jamming to the chaotic music as I take another shot of mango flavored vodka. I cheer in accomplishment when I manage to swallow without making a face of disgust at the foul taste.

By now, I'm fairly shitfaced. I feel nothing but happiness as I prance around my room, singing along with My Chemical Romance. As the song ends, I pout.

"Nooooo! Play another song!" I command my ipod speakers, which were playing my drunk playlist on shuffle. A guitar solo begins flowing through the speakers, and I whoop happily, taking another shot since I'm awesome. 

My parents left about an hour ago, going on one of their 'dates'. They tend to go on a lot of those, usually to get away from me when I upset them. Not that I blame them or anything, since I am the one that's pushing them away. I know that their confusion and hurt is my fault. Regardless, this is an ideal opportunity for getting lonely-drunk.

I jump in surprise as my cat crawls out from under my bed. If cats could glower, that's exactly how I'd describe his expression right now.

"Aww, Bunny, don't feel down! Come on, dance with me!" I urge, holding out my arms. Bunny looks at me blankly, thoroughly unimpressed by my antics. I sigh in disappointment, dropping my arms.

"You're such a downer, Bunny. What kind of BFF are you if you won't even dance with your drunk best friend?" I whine. Bunny just blinks slowly, continuing to stare at me through his grey eyes.

"I like your eyes, Bunny... Their pretty. Grey eyes are pretty... like Marissa's eyes... Marissa Oliver..." I muse. I suddenly snap my fingers.

"I know! I'll paint Marissa on my wall!" I exclaim in drunken excitement. Bunny hisses at my sudden movement, his white fur bristling as he scurries back under my bed. I stick my tongue out at his retreating figure childishly before grabbing my art supplies and setting to work.

* * *

I flinch in pain as an incessant beeping awakens me from my alcohol-induced slumber. I stand up from where I fell asleep on the floor blindly, flailing my limbs around until I hit the my cell phone off of my desk and the battery falls out, putting an end to the aggravating noise. I sigh in relief, slumping back down onto my black carpet and curling up like a cat on my side. With my killer headache and exhausted body, I am definitely not in the mood to wake up and go to school. I honestly do not give a single fuck about school today.

* * *

I yawn tiredly as I fully wake up two hours later, discovering that Drunk Arabelle left me to fall asleep on the floor. My attention snaps to the clock on my wall, realizing that it's already 9:30am. I am an hour and a half late to school... fantastic.

I stand up shakily, my head pounding in protest. Bunny crawls out from under my bed and jumps onto my nightstand.

"Dammit Bunny, didn't I tell you to never let me get lonely-drunk again?" I moan.

"Meow," Bunny replies, leaping off the nightstand and sitting next to his empty bowl of food. "Meeeoooww?!"

I roll my eyes at my cat, grabbing his bag of food and pouring some into his bowl. He happily crunches on the brown kibbles while I search my room for what to wear. I mindlessly grab a pair of baggy black pants that I had cinched to fit around my waist, a form-fitting black tank top with my leather jacket that only reaches halfway down my back to wear over it, and black shoes. I quickly throw my hair into a messy bun, letting a couple strands of hair fall out to frame my face, and snatch my backpack off the floor along with a pair of sunglasses for my mild hangover. Huh, I didn't do any of my homework last night, did I?

I'm about to leave my room when something catches my eye. I groan in annoyance when I realize that in my drunken state of mind, I had painted a perfect depiction of Marissa's face onto my wall. It was a little sloppy here and there, considering I was drunk, but you can obviously tell that it's her. I shake my head at my own idiocy as I flee the house.

Marissa's POV

I wander the halls, searching cluelessly for my writing class room. Since I didn't come to school until lunch yesterday, I don't know where any of my morning classes are. Finally finding room 312, I enter the room and sit in the back of the room with a sigh of relief.

The 2nd period bell rings, and the writing teacher closes the door.

"Right, so today we're starting our descriptive narrative papers! You can work with the person next to you to brainstorm and jot down ideas for the rest of class," he orders. Looking beside me, I noticed that no one was sitting next to me. Well... that's awkward...

The classroom door suddenly flies open, and Arabelle steps through. Shes wearing sunglasses and looks completely exhausted, but she still manages to pull her look off well. Geez, I wish I could do that.

"Ah, Miss Lock. Is there a reason for your tardiness?" the teacher asks tightly.

"Ah, Mr. Woods. Is there a reason for your intrusive curiosity?" she replies coldly, tossing her late pass onto his desk. The teacher sighs, but surprisingly doesn't press the subject any further as he takes his place behind his desk. There's a rustling as students push their desks together and begin 'brainstorming'.

I move my desk closer to Arabelle's desk until the edges are touching, but she doesn't seem to notice my presence. I reach over nervously, giving her shoulder one hard poke. I jolt back in shock when a menacing low growl emits from her at my touch. Arabelle's shaded eyes snap to mine, looking all the more intimidating because of her sunglasses. When she realizes it me however, her shoulders relax slightly.

"Oh, Marissa. I didn't realize that you're in this class now," she murmurs, as if she didn't just scare the crap out of me.

"D-did you just... Did you just growl at me??" I ask incredulously.

"Um... yes?" she responds tiredly. I wordlessly eye her sunglasses and her slumped tired posture.

"You have a hangover?" I question. She scowls at me.

"So what if I do?" she snaps. I raise my hands defensively.

"Hey, there's no judgment here, I was just wondering," I clarify. I see her eyebrows furrow in confusion, but can't see her eyes because of the sunglasses. We stare at each other silently, the fact that I couldn't see the expression in her eyes bothering me more and more as the seconds passed.

I finally reach tentatively for her glasses, sliding them slowly off her straight nose. When she doesn't make a move to stop me, I remove them completely and place them on the desk. Her pale blue eyes were swimming with puzzlement and awe. Suddenly we both jolt out of whatever trance we were in. A grin breaks out across Arabelle's face.

"I've come to a conclusion," she proclaims.

"Oh? And what is that?"

"Well, I've decided that I'm not going to kill you. I'm going to let you stick around for a while. Isn't that wonderful, Love?"

"Wonderful," I drone sarcastically with a small smile, secretly genuinely happy that Arabelle doesn't hate me. I wonder how Charlotte's going to react to my new-found acquaintanceship?