𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

Life after the break up was tough for Jungkook as well.

The main change must have been the fact that he resigned from his job as the head manager for the company he used to work in.

The reasoning was simple; every time Jungkook sat in his office or roamed around the building since the day after the break up, his surroundings kept reminding him of what happened that day.

Broad memories would keep coming back into his head, and there was no way he could escape. This affected Jungkook's productivity and work life.

Soon, he wasn't able to even step into the building without thinking about Jennie and how sad she looked when she announced their parting.

The quality of his work deteriorated, and Jungkook could barely sleep at night.

Finally, it led to the decision of him leaving his job to go work somewhere else, where negative thoughts wouldn't keep pestering his head.

Today, Jungkook got up a bit earlier than usual, as he had this tiny feeling that today would be a better day.

He opened the blinds in his room to let the sunlight fill the place.

Jungkook made a beeline to the bathroom and turned on the faucet. Warm water filled the sink, as Jungkook put his hands under the flow of water. He cupped his hands so that a bit of water would stay in his palms and then slowly splashed it on his face.

He grabbed a lilac purple towel and gently dabbed it on his face.

The male then took his toothbrush and toothpaste, and squeezed a bit of the minty paste onto the bristles of his toothbrush. Running it under water, he started brushing his teeth and walked out to get his phone.

Jungkook went to the weather app to see how the temperature would be today. So it's gonna be sunny and warm today, huh? he thought, sitting on his bed.

He got up and walked back to the bathroom to spit out his toothpaste and rinse his mouth.

After that was done, since he lived in a two-storey house, he went downstairs to make breakfast. Jungkook decided that he'd make something light but filling, to keep his stomach content.

There were some bagels lying in the packaging on his kitchen island, so he grabbed them to toast them from breakfast. Jungkook brought the toaster out of one of his cupboards and set it on his kitchen counter, so that he could plug it in the nearest electrical outlet.

He sliced a bagel and put the two pieces in the toaster. Then, he turned it on and waited for the bagels to be crispy.

While he waited, Jungkook brought out an avocado and took a knife. Then, he placed the fruit on a chopping board and sliced the avocado in half, around the circular seed.

The avocado was ripe and had a vivid shade of green, much to the man's satisfaction. He put one of the slices away, and kept the other one. 

Soon, he heard the toaster go off, and put the bagel slices on a plate. Using the same knife from before, he spread the avocado on the inside of the bagel slices and put them together. 

Jungkook took a bite out of the bagel and held onto the bagel as he went upstairs to get his clothes ready for work. 

Even though he worked at a restaurant, there wasn't a certain uniform for him to wear. It was more of a dress code. So he brought out a neatly folded white shirt and black jeans.

He quickly finished his bagel and went inside his bathroom to take a shower.

When he was done, Jungkook wrapped a towel around his waist and went outside to get his clothes.