𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Maybe Jennie was wrong. Maybe she never bothered to look on the bright side of life. Here she was, a year later, sitting in her balcony watching the soft white clouds above her slowly drift away to the side. 

"Here's your drink, girl" a soothing feminine voice called out from the inside of her condo. A moment later, a girl with jet black hair stepped out, handing Jennie a floral cup filled with juice- mango juice, to be precise.

"Thanks Soojin" Jennie beamed, taking a sip of the cool liquid.

"So... I have news. I think I found the one."

"I'm guessing your dating abilities finally paid off?" Jennie said, with a small smirk, thinking about all the effort Soojin put in to find the perfect guy for her, ever since she became single again.

"They don't call me the master of 'dates' for nothing, though" the other woman said slyly. "Anyways, I'm not gonna tell you his name, but the date will be tomorrow."

The last five words made Jennie almost spit out her drink. "Tomorrow!? Girl, I ain't even ready, what am I gonna do? I'm gonna look so damn unattractive, out of the 12 boys you set me up on a date with, NONE of them have had any interest in me!" the brunette wailed.

"Bae, stop complaining, I already texted him. Besides, you are the definition of flawless, I'll hire a fucking lawyer if you say so otherwise." Soojin snapped, before a slight chuckle came out of Jennie's mouth.

"One more thing; I don't even know what to wear."

"I already have an outfit kept out for you."

"I, uh... have to do many errands!"

"I finished all of them hours ago."

"What the- I have no money. There."

"The date is on me, girl."

"Dammit" Jennie muttered in defeat, slumping in her chair. "Hey, what's the time?" Soojin asked, as Jennie checked her phone. "1:37, wanna go out for lunch?"

"You bet I do! I'm paying, by the way." the younger one exclaimed darting into the condo. The brunette followed her inside, her brown eyes glued to her phone screen.

Stepping inside, she drank the last bit of her drink, and then proceeded to place it gently in the sink. Jennie heard a flush, so she guessed that her friend was in the washroom. Making a beeline to her bedroom, she opened up her closet, searching for a perfect outfit suitable for the next day's occasion.

"Ahem" Soojin cleared her throat, standing in the doorway, "everything is ready for you, madam."

"You mean, mademoiselle" corrected the woman who was currently lost in the heap of clothes on the floor.

"I said what I said, no need to correct me. If you're looking for clothes for the date tomorrow, it's right here, in this hanger."

"Oh, lemme just get out out of here... uh... help?" a voice called out from the pile of clothes. Soojin let out a sigh before pulling Jennie out of the mess.

After dusting herself off, Jennie eyed the pile of clothes, saying, "Damn, do I have a lot of work to do. Meh, it can wait, my appetite on the other hand, cannot."

"Let's go" said the brunette, grabbing her purse and her keys, with Soojin trailing behind her. As they left the condo in silence, they walked down the corridor, and slowly the two were trapped in a full-blown conversation. 

"Soojin, what're you gonna eat? Better question, where are we even going?"

"We could go to McDonalds, KFC, Chipot-"