𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

The brunette stepped into building, with her head up. This was it. This was the moment when she would end everything.

With each step she took, the woman could feel the bravado in her body slowly ceasing. She was already proactive of what would happen. She'd break up with the love of her life, and slowly move on.

But even after months of secretly practicing for this moment, even after mentally preparing herself from the oncoming break up, she still wasn't ready.

She wasn't ready to start all over again, with a new lover. God, she didn't even know if she would find another one.

Both her mind and her heart were racing by the time she arrived to her destination; a large brown door, with a silver plate on the top reading "Head Manager".

She slowly knocked on the door, earning a faint "Come in" from the other side. The door creaked as she opened it fully.

"How may I help y- Jennie?" Her heart internally shattered, she had forgotten that the man she was breaking up with no longer called her 'babe'.

"Jungkook" her voice croaked, and in an instant, she felt her eyes become glassy with tears. Regardless, Jennie held them back and walked up to his desk.

She looked at him, her eyes filled with guilt and sadness. The female took a moment to turn around and stare at the adorned walls of the office.

How she wished she knew what was going on in the man's head. "Jungkook" she sighed heavily.

"I-I've made the hard decision..." Jennie paused. She was having second thoughts. She wanted to run out the door. She wanted disappear.

But it was too late now. This was the decision she had chosen. There was no way out now.

"I've realised, we barely have time for each other now, and I don't think we're actually taking this relationship seriously" she paused, earning a nod of both understanding and slight confusion.

"Um... with your job and stuff, I... don't... wanna feel like a d-distraction."

"I understand. If you thinks it's best, go ahead. Just know that you've been an amazing girlfriend, thank you for that" Jungkook told her, ending the statement with a solemn nod.

That's it? That's all he has to say? The woman thought, in disbelief. Snapping herself back to reality, she finished the conversation, saying, "I'll love you forever Jungkook. Never forget that."

In a flash, she leaned on the desk and gave him a kiss of adieu, and ran out of office, leaving Jungkook frozen.

Outside the building, Jennie could suddenly feel herself getting weak. She ran to her car, sat inside and broke into a tremor of sobs. She could feel her forearms getting wet with tears, drops of them running down her cheeks.

Jennie must have stayed in that position as a crying mess for 15 minutes. By the time she had collected herself, the streetlights had turned on, signalling dusk would be coming soon.

She started the car and headed back to her apartment in a high rise complex. The familiar aroma of home wafted through the ground floor as she headed to the elevator.

Jennie lived in one of the highest floors, so it was the perfect time to reflect on the day while waiting for the elevator to get to her floor. She heard a mechanical voice say, "Floor 16" and she stepped out, her heels clicking against the polished floor.

Once she arrived at her condo, labeled 96 with a gold oval plating, she stepped inside and threw her bag on the sofa. She went to the kitchen, ready to make some herbal tea to soothe her body down.

As she set the water to boil, Jennie noticed something as the kettle started to shake. It was making high-pitched whistle sounds, and she could see a bit of the water bubbling on the top.

She realised that several minutes earlier, she was acting exactly the kettle, in a crying frenzy. Jennie took a step back. She'd never related to an inanimate object so much, and it weirded her out.

Walking to her room, the girl fell on her bed, her body in a starfish shape, her gaze aimed at the ceiling. It didn't mean much of a difference to her when she broke up with Jungkook, for the fact that the two had already started growing apart.

Jennie couldn't decide if she had chosen the right decision, or if she was being a complete paranoid and was jumping to conclusions. Staring at the blank, off-white ceiling for long made her eyes hurt, so she sat up against the head rest and hopped on her phone.

Before she could even unlock the device in her hand, she jumped up, remembering about the boiling water. She ran back to the kitchen, but all was well and the kettle was in the same state. Turning off the stove, she poured the hot water into a small mug.

A small drop of the water leaped onto the back of her hand, and she yelped, setting down the kettle. Jennie ran to the sink, putting her hand under the cold running water. The affected area became a light shade of pink, but was sensitive if touched.

Suddenly, memories flash backed to the precious moments when she and Jungkook would spend time together 24/7, looking out for each other minute by minute. She felt a pang in her heart when she remembered how sweetly he would put her body gently in his arms, soothing her as he gently fixed her wounds.

Jennie felt a single tear drop run down her soft cheek, tasting the salty water as it it her upper lip. 

Get over it Jennie Kim, it's your fault that you're in this state. She mentally scolded herself. As the woman trudged back to her drink, her appetite suddenly disappeared, and she left the mug on the counter.

She didn't even know what to do now. Should she kill time on her phone? Should she run back to the office and apologise to him, saying it was a joke? Should she dig a grave so that she could die in it from embarrassment?

Jennie wished she had someone to talk to. Being an only child wasn't very fun, and it was even worse with toxic parents, who were always trying to find fault in her. She was a nerdy, quirky girl in her school years, much to the dislike of many people.

Once college rolled by, she'd changed in to a completely different girl, ditching her glasses and getting contact lenses. When people realised that she wouldn't be accepting friends despite her glow up, they completely deserted her, just like in middle school and high school.

Now she had a decent job, a good salary, but no close people to talk to, now that she was single.

Jennie went back to her moping, lingering around with nothing to do.

I'm baaack! ;)) -𝐄𝐦𝐢