𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

The sky was a mix of soft hues of blue and pink, though it was still dark outside. The sun seemed to be a thin, long rim of bright yellow over the horizon. 

An incessant beeping started on Jennie's phone, as it seemed to get louder the longer it was left alone. She was still sleeping when her alarm had gone off. She twisted to the side, hoping that the sound would go away.

But it didn't.

With an exasperate sigh, Jennie tried to open her eyes. But every time she did, all she could see was the blurry ceiling before her eyelids would cover up her orbs again. 

After five minutes of fighting the urge to sleep in, she was able to sit up straight and turn off her alarm. The subtle waves in her hair were now tousled in a mess. Other than that and her sleepy expression, she looked completely ethereal.

She stood up, zoning out. How she wished she could go back under the covers. She was still sub-conscious when she realised the day's big event; the date.

Jennie scrambled out of the room, entering the bathroom. Almost immediately, she ran back into the bedroom, grabbing her phone and texting Soojin. After a series of multiple beeps, the situation was clear; the date was at 11 am, at a nearby cafe. 

Her mind was a complete wreckage after she saw that it was currently 7 am. Taking out the hanger her best friend had mentioned the previous day, Jennie paid no attention to the clothes hanging from it, as she darted into the bathroom once again.

The woman decided to take a shower for time management. She turned the shower on as warm water spilled through the shower head. Gently taking off her pyjamas, she removed every piece of clothing from her body until she was standing there with her bare skin.

The bathroom mirror started to get fogged up, and the small room slowly turned into a sauna. Stepping into the bathtub shower, she turned the shower handle so that the water turned a bit cooler.

Soap suds formed on her body as she rubbed soap on her delicate skin. She had no interest in washing her hair, because number one, it would take too long to dry and style it and number two, all she had to do was comb her hair to restore its volume.

Stepping out of the tub, Jennie grabbed her towel and wrapped it around her petite frame as she brushed her feet on the soft bathroom floor mat.

The female applied some lotion to her body and performed her daily skincare routine. She absent-mindedly put on her clothes, as she turned around to see her reflection in the mirror. She was wearing a silky, white blouse with small frills on the ends of the sleeves. There were 3 sets of double buttons on the front and the blouse had a collar.

Jennie examined the light blue jeans she was wearing. They were plain and simple, just the way she liked. She thought it would be a pity to not add a cute little bag to the outfit, so she quickly headed out of the bathroom and walked to her wardrobe.

The woman quickly made up her mind and chose a small bag. It was white with a leather texture, and it had a chain so that she could sling it on her shoulder.

Satisfied with how she looked, Jennie smiled to herself and walked out to make her breakfast.

When she arrived to the kitchen, she brought out a small pan.

Jennie opened the fridge door a brought out a single egg. She chopped up some vegetables and whisked them together with the egg. She poured it into the pan and turned on the stove. 

After a few minutes, she flipped the omelette perfectly, to her delight. By the time she placed it on a plate, the omelette was crispy and golden brown.

Sitting down at her dining table and bringing her phone, Jennie scrolled through the device in her hand, munching on the light breakfast she had made for herself.

By the time she had rinsed her plate and fork, it was about 10 am, and she hurriedly got ready and grabbed her needed items.

She paused for a moment before she headed out. Jennie mentally wished herself good luck, took a deep breath and left her condo.

The sky had become a mesmerising light blue when Jennie arrived to her car. Sunlight was beaming down on the whole place, giving off a summery aura. 

As she got it into the car, the female texted Soojin once again, saying that she had begun driving and would reach the destination soon.

The oncoming twenty minutes only consisted of Jennie driving around the city. 

At last, she had arrived at the place of the date. Jennie recognised a familiar car coming into the parking lot. Her face lit up and she waved, as Soojin came out of the vehicle.

"Are you excited, babe?" Soojin asked, bringing Jennie into a hug.

"Yes! I actually feel really happy, my whole body is tingling!"

"That's great news. I'll be in my car, watching you, ok? If anything is wrong, run back to me, alright?"

"Ok, ok, I let you know. Bye!" Jennie walked away. Soojin waved with a smile and sat in her car. 

Everything was going perfect. 

At least that's what Jennie thought.