Chapter 27 ~ Matrimony

Start from the beginning

Something blue, I mused, before slipping on my silk gown knowing there was no reason to put on any other clothes because I'll soon take them off and then my fluffy slippers. I strolled over to Aunt Alice's room, my three helpers sitting on the bed and just chatting, like there was no wedding.

"Ah Amelia, you're here! You know we only have just enough time to make you beautiful," Aunt Alice speaking first, before the other two turned their heads.

"Yep, Max will just stand and stare... He'll be speechless at how breathtaking we'll make you look," Ness added, smiling widely. Aubrey smirked.

"Or maybe we'll just send you to him with that gown off, I'm not sure how many vampires would be able to hold him back." I rolled my eyes at Aubrey, but knowing that would be the case.

Aunt Alice shushed them. "Okay, enough chitter chatter! Time to work our magic!"

*

I kept my eyes closed, I wasn't sure if I wanted to know what exactly they were doing to me. I was just sitting inside my mind with Max. Or just having a run through of the wedding from the moment we say our 'I do's'. I was happy because firstly, I didn't feel sick or nauseous, there were more feelings of eurphoria in my system. There was just Max and I, and that's all that mattered. However, the rain poured on my parade when I realised that it wasn't just going to be just Max and I anymore. No, there was a new addition. A new addition that Max didn't know yet and said addition hadn't been spilt to anyone aside the ones from last night.

I was more than grateful that Mum - Bella - decided to put her shield on us, telling Dad - Edward - that we didn't want him to hear our girly thoughts. Ha, if only.

"Okay Amelia, now we just need to complete the custom, something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue - you are wearing that blue garter right?" Aubrey questioned, by her actions I knew she wanted to check I was wearing it.

Ugh, Vampires and their traditions!

"Yes I am wearing it, plus while you were getting ready, Ness and Aunt Alice put my dress on me, they saw it," I assured her. She smiled, I returned the gesture but then looked down at my dress. Luckily since I hadn't developed a bump, the soft, satin material clung to my bodice then my flat stomach before breaking into the skirt which hid the ankle breaking stilettos I was forced to war. Nonetheless the dress felt much more special than it did the first time I've worn it.

"Something old," a new voice said, namely Huilen. I turned to her curiously, her tanned skin contrasted pale green of the dress but not at all meshing. Green being one of the themes of the wedding, only so they could match my ring. Red too.

In Huilen's hand there was a single, silver bangle with a greyish tint illustrating its age, she placed it in my hand. "You can keep it."

Before I could oblige or suggest it being something borrowed, Ness came with another bangle, more silver than the previous one. "Something borrowed! I want it back!" Ness told him, her erratic behaviour something I found myself too accustomed to.

"Thank you Huilen, I'll keep it safe and same goes Ness, thank you," I appreciated.

"Now for something new," Aunt Alice pondered.

"I suppose the dress is new," Aubrey replied, I nodded but before another soul - or vampire even - could speak my Mother entered with my Father.

"Not so fast," my Mother stopped, almost like it was a crime scene.

"We have something new," my dad amended. He dipped his hand into his inside his suit and took out a box, placing it in front of me, gesturing me to take it. So, hesitantly I took it. I opened the box, still acknowledging the other two bangles, only to unveil another one. However, this bangle having the exception of a green emerald encrusted into it.