Episode 2: Witches before wizards

Start from the beginning

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

" Remember, never befriend a man in sandals and always measure twice, cut once."

Amity was just confused saying, "Uh..."

Hunter wished them good luck and slammed the door.

Ember grumbled as he beckoned the witch apprentice to follow him.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Amity sighed as they were finishing up the packages "Let's just deliver this last package and go home. Maybe this world isn't what I thought it wa-" They get to a giant castle, they go up it and she rings the doorbell, the doors open.

Ember was tired and clearly frustrated, "Big house always belong to big whackjobs. Let's kick the package inside and get outta here."

The two still goes into the castle with King following them.

Amity stammered, "W-we're delivering a package from Mr Hunter, the Scarlet Beast." The lights suddenly go on, "Huh?" A wizard walks out of a doorway "Today just got good. Magical Wizard!"

Ember mumbled something along the lines of, "Weird old man in jim-jams."

The old man said, "I was in my oscillarium, reading the stars. And who might you be, with eyes full of curiosity."

"Uh, I-I'm..."

Wizard then said, "Young woman, dareth I say, I sense something unique about you. Please, won't you join me for tea?"

" Okay, I guess."

King climbed onto Amity's shoulder saying into her ear, " Let's scram! Wizards are just old people with glitter in their pockets. I don't trust him."

Amity's eyes were full of wonder, "But the stars on his robe are sparkling. And look, there's a baby fox in his beard. Plus, I see cookies on the table."

Ember screamed "Where?!"

Amity ignoring Ember's previous statement and said, " We'd love to join you for tea. Do you sell potions, Sir Wizard?"

Wizard said, "Please, call me Adegast. And yes, I run a small business."

Ember jokingly said, You should run a small business of more cookies, INTO MY MOUTH! Yes!"

Adegast said, "I'm surprised to see you here. It was my understanding that Hunter delivered the packages himself."

Amity sat down next to Ember then intoduced herself, "Well, I am kinda, sorta, his apprentice."

Adegast said in delight, "Oh! And how are you finding the experience so far?"

Amity sighed then started, "Can I be honest, Mr. Adegast? When I decided to stay in this magical world, I thought I was meant for something special. But Eda thinks I'm meant for chores and I'm afraid I came to the wrong place."

Adegast began, "Well, I have a quest-"

Amity squealed, " A quest!"

Adegast continued, "You didn't let me finish. I have a question."

Amity face began to fall, "Oh."

Adegast coninued, "Would you like to go on a quest?!"

Amity screamed, "YES!"

Adegast then grabbed a map from his beard saying, "I might have just the thing. The prophecy speaks of a young human who will claim the Celestial Staff and free this world from evil. Perhaps thou hath cometh here for a reason."

Amity looked at Ember in determination, "Perhaps I hath."

"Should you believe yourself worthy to attempt this quest..."