Taylor was now a new girl after everything that had been going on, all her friends being oblivious to everything not paying attention to her dramatic life but being so engrossed in Wynter and Trey's. She was never hating but just felt unappreciated that is why she stayed away. Her friends never knew that her and Trey had a past, they never realised her uneasiness around him or the awkwardness. She didn't love him or like him anymore but he was her first love although she wasn't his. She loved seeing Wynter happy, but no one likes seeing their first love with somebody else.

She was playing Bob Marley – Could You Be Loved through her black headphones, lately Reggae music had been helping Taylor connect with herself and deal with her misfortunes like the fact two weeks ago she had an abortion and the father was...

As the song changed to beat she didn’t want to listen to, Taylor sucked her iPhone from her jeans jacket pocket scrolling through her playlist as the music was at an abrupt she was able to take a second and realise her surroundings. She never noticed how long the alleyway was music made it shorter than it seemed.

Taylor carried on scanning through her talented playlist she started to hear footsteps behind her, as the person moved faster so did she. She had heard so many of these stories on the News and did not want to be part of another statistic.

“Oi”

The person got closer, but she refused to reply and just carried on speed walking, but she was no match for the mysterious guy. As she got faster it just seemed that she got slower until one point the person was next to her. She was scared but brave enough to look on her right, catching the familiar face

“Crucial” she laughed to herself; it wasn’t the fact she was happy to see him but just glad that it wasn’t a random stranger.

“Sup?” he seemed faded and lost to her, she knew he was under the influence as she was like this at point in her life, just lost from the world. She shook her head not trying to reminisce. 

Taylor nodded her head and was just on her way. “Wanna chill for a bit?” he asked calmly but sounding vulnerable, maybe to vulnerable she thought to herself. She glanced at him took a while and thought to herself. Well she did not want to be home alone as she was still a little a girl at heart being scared of the dark and it was dangerous for Crucial to be out this time of the night by himself under the influence of alcohol and weed.

2hours later

-

She laughed “So you’re telling me…” she paused trying to hold back her laughter “He actually proposed to her”

Crucial nodded his head joining in with the laughter; he sat on the square tiles with a bottle of Courvosier in his hand while Taylor was on a cardboard box with a white bottle of Malibu. She knew this was bad as she just started her recovery but she made excuses such as ‘She’s young and a teenager “it’s only a one’ she was constantly repeating the excuses to herself.

“Oh my God, he’s an idiot” she took another swing from her drink “They’re 17-18 years old and want to get married flipping hell” Taylor had never felt so free, so longer since she has been able to sit down with a boy and just gossip ever since she was fourteen, she shook her head silently trying to forget the memory and taking another swing from the bottle.

“You know what they say, love is crazy” Crucial was staring at Taylor’s bare legs which were covered at quarter way with cowboy boots.

“It’s not crazy its stupidity, they need to slow down and think. Has nobody told them this?” Crucial, took another shot and shook his head “Nobody’s got time to be honest, plus I’m the only person who knows”