thirty-eight.

RUOLAN WAS AWAKENED BY HER PHONE RINGING— THE WOMAN ALMOST FALLING OUT OF HER BED AS SHE RUSHED TO ANSWER IT

She clicked the green button, static being heard from the other side. Ruolan hadn't expected him to call her this early in the morning. Hell, she didn't even think he was going to call at all.  "Sage- shit i'm sorry, Ruolan is this you?" he questioned, his voice hesitant.

"Yeah it's me," she said, the morning grogginess still present in her voice. She heard a light laugh from Haechan from the other side of the phone.

"Just woke up? I should've known... you always were a late sleeper," he rambled on. She didn't realize that a smile had began to form on her plump lips.

"It's fine i'm awake now," she reassured. "Do you still want to take my offer?"

Haechan hummed in response. "We can meet later on, if that's fine with you. I have a schedule i'm preparing for right now actually," he told her. "Dinner?"

Right. He was a rising star. The talk of the world at the moment. Although he had only released a single— people had began to grow more curious about the mysterious man who popped out of nowhere. She had seen him online in the photos that people had snapped whenever they got the chance to. He had also done a few performances— showcasing both his dancing and singing.

"Of course. Text me when you're done and where to meet up Haechan."

She ended the call, her door opening shortly after. Jungwoo gave her a small smile as he walked in with Stella in his hands, the man setting her down onto Ruolan's bed. The black cat ran hurriedly to Ruolan and pressed her body up against Ruolans's body. She smiled softly and rubbed the cat's back.

Jungwoo raised an eyebrow as he sat down on her bed, pointing to her phone. "Was that him?" he asked her, Ruolan nodding in response to the brother-like figure.

"He said we can have dinner, he has a schedule right now," she explained. Jungwoo nodded. "I feel so nervous Jungwoo," she groaned as the palm of her hand hit her head with force.

"Why?" he asked, moving her hand away from her face. "And stop that, you're gonna hurt yourself."

She sighed. "Talking on the phone felt normal but... we have a lot of things to resolve between each other. The way he looked at me that night shattered my heart and I don't think I can take that anger from him again. But then again, I cant even blame him for it either. I caused all of this."

"When will you stop blaming yourself Ru? You did nothing wrong," he told her.

She scoffed, stubborn as she always was. "It sure as hell feels like it. Renjun is still suffering because I left him that day and never came back. The other Neo's try to hide it but Taeyong told me that they are still affected by it too."

"They'll understand once you come to them personally. Especially Donghyuck. You two grew an unbreakable bond within the months that you knew each other. He loves you whether you know it or not and I don't think that this can make him fall out of that. Just, take baby steps okay? Start with Donghyuck then the others. Everything will be okay."