one.

SAGE WOKE UP IN A COLD SWEAT, HER EYES SEARCHING THE UNKNOWN AREA

Where the hell was she? She laid on the cold, cement floor, a black uniform placed onto her body. Was this some sort of prank? Metal bars encased her inside of the small cell that was unfamiliar to her. She stood up and dusted off her clothes.

Her head was throbbing from the sudden pull of gravity on her body. She let out a groan and rubbed her head. She had no memory of how she got into this cell and why she was there in the first place. It couldn't have been jail. Sage didn't remember doing anything remotely bad enough to put her in one in the first place.

Was she kidnapped? The cell would explain that but why would she have on a uniform? Were there others? All of this thinking was giving the curly haired girl a headache. She sat back down and closed her eyes momentarily.

Her dad was probably worried sick about her. The last thing she remembered was calling him. She was on the way back home from the park. The two were practically inseparable. She didn't want him to mourn her when she wasn't even dead.

Sage's thoughts were interrupted by the creaking of the cell bars opening. She heard multiple cells creaking, causing her to stand up again. So there is more people.

She walked out of the cell and was met with what seemed to be a hundred people if not more. She noticed that some people had started talking amongst each other— others quiet. Some were eyes crying, the salty tears visible on their face. Whatever this was, she knew to put her guard up. She couldn't trust anyone in this given moment.

"Hello Everyone! I am an AI system programmed to assist you in your transition to Ground One. I am Eve," a robotic voice said over the intercom. "Ground one has three rules. One, keep up with every task and or mission given to you. Failure to participate in the the task will result in punishment. Two, curfew every night is at eleven forty-five. If you are caught out of your room then you will be punished. Three, trying to escape from Ground One will result in termination."

Termination? Sage felt a chill flow through her spine. What did Eve mean by that? Whatever this place was, Sage didn't like it one bit. "Before you are escorted to your rooms, you will be evaluated in order to determine if you are worthy. Best of luck."

Sage felt a pair of arms wrap around her body, the woman screaming. She watched as everyone was dragged by a security guard. What the hell was happening. The security guard placed a needle into her neck, her worries starting to drown away. "N-no..." she whispered, fighting the urge to close her eyes. The security guard shushed her.

"It will all be over before you know it."

"Get away from my daughter!" Sage's dad yelled, tears brimming his dark brown eyes. His shouts were almost helpless. He tried countless times to get his ex-wife's hands from off of Sage but it was no use. Sage had already come to terms with everything.