thirty-six.

THE NEOS AND SAGE STOOD OUTSIDE OF EMMANUEL'S BUILDING, THEIR EYES ON THE BLUE LIGHT THAT SHINED THROUGH THE TOP FLOORS WINDOWS

A week had passed by which meant it was finally time for them to take down Sage's dad. Everyone had been training so they were more than ready to finally put an end to Ground One.

Donghyuck and Sage were doing great. When they weren't training, they would spend practically every second with each other. If they had free time, they would watch a movie together in Donghyuck's room— the boy always falling asleep before he could see the end. The two would take turns cooking for each other. Their nights would be filled with kisses and cuddles.

Sage removed her gaze from the building and looked at Renjun, her best friend returning the gaze. "I think it's time," she said softly, placing the cross bow that she was holding, across her chest. Renjun nodded, before giving her a small smile.

"I'll see you later. Be safe up there," he told her.

"Mhm," she replied, waving at Jungwoo and Doyoung. Yuta tapped her shoulder, alerting her.

"You ready kiddo?" he asked, only making her roll her eyes at the nickname that seemed to stick with her.

"More than ready."

Yuta led the way to the building— Johnny and Jeno following close behind the combat leader. Donghyuck and Sage walked next to each other since they would both be going up the the higher levels together. The three men who were more experienced would stay on the lower floors to make sure no one messed up their plan.

Yuta opened the door to reveal three men in suits. The first floor was a reception area. It was neatly decorated, the white walls completing the dark oak furniture and plants that scattered the room.

"How can I help you?" the man at the desk asked, Yuta slowly stretching as he let out a breath.

"You wanna know how?" the long haired man teased, flashing his white, sinister smile.

"Wha-"

Yuta raised his gun, clicking the trigger with no hesitation. No sound was made due to the silencer that all of them had placed onto their guns. Johnny and Jeno did the same— the other two men falling to the ground. "That's how."

The pretty, white walls that Sage was once admiring was now filled with the crimson liquid that was once in the men's bodies.

Yuta looked at Sage and nodded. "You two take the elevator to level five. We will make sure to clear the floors under that but it's you're job to do the rest okay?"

"I got you," Sage said, walked towards the silver elevator. Before she could fully get there, Yuta grabbed her arm, giving her a small glance.

"Be careful."

She flashed him a smile before moving away from his grasp. "I always am." She ruffled his hair before joining Donghyuck at the elevator. The smile soon disappeared as she pressed the button, her eyes darkening. Yuta could always read a person's body language.