seventeen.

SAGE SAT DOWN ON HER BED, SLIGHTLY FREAKING OUT AS RENJUN STOOD BEHIND HER

He had a sharp scalpel in his hand that he had took from the infirmary while his other hand remained on her shoulder. A week had finally passed and they were finally making their escape. The first step was to cut out their tracking devices. The other boys already did it so Sage was the only one left.

Renjun had been trying for the past five minutes to cut it out but she would freak out every time she felt the cold metal hit her neck. He sighed as she flinched again, moving away from her neck. "Sage I know you're freaking out but we really don't have all day," Mark told her. She glared at him.

"I know that."

"Then get it over with."

Donghyuck stood up from his seat and sat down beside Sage, grabbing her small hand. He interlaced their fingers and rubbed his thumb against the back of her hand. The action surprised her and the other boys but, it made her relax. Renjun placed the knife against her skin, blooding dripping down her neck as he began to remove the tracker. She would squeeze his hand every now and then— the man not caring.

"I got it. I just need to bandage your neck and we will be good to go," Renjun told her. He grabbed gauze and a bandaid that worked perfectly in protecting her freshly owned wound. Once he was finished, he set the tracker down on her night stand like they planned. Donghyuck let go of her hand, the two standing up. "Time?" she asked.

"11:00."

She smiled. "Perfect."

Mark and Jisung left her room to head to the vents in order to get to the power system. Sage grabbed the black box that she was given, pressing the red button. It flashed for a few seconds before a countdown appeared. Twenty minutes remaining. They had to hold out for twenty minutes before help got there. Sage sighed and held up the box.

"You think you all can last for twenty minutes?" she asked. Chenle nodded.

"With the power going out we should be able to. I have faith in it," he said truthfully. The six waited in the room for a few minutes before the lights went completely out. She smiled and looked at the box. Fifthteen minutes. They all heard the sound of footsteps running past the room as the night guards freaked out at the situation. Once it was quiet, they sneaked out of her room with their weapons. Sage had a cross bow along with her throwing knifes that were attached to her thigh.

Sage opened the door to the stairs, unaware to the footsteps that progressed behind them. "Where the hell are y'all going?" the night guard asked. Another one came from around the corner— her eyes widening. One of the nightguards took out a taser while the other took out his baton. Jeno let out a sigh as he brought out his knife. "Go! I'll meet you all down there," he instructed. Everyone walked into the staircase except for Jaemin who stayed with his best friend to fight the two.