Preface

Before reading, take note that:

This book is yet another cringeworthy type of book. You have been warned. This is one of the books I'm slightly proud of but still not satisified. I am, unfortunately, a very busy young lass which caused this book to end with a chapter that should have gotten more life lessons in it (since it was my whole point of writing this book). I hope you'd still enjoy this one and may you forgive me (with all your heart, please) about the errors you might encounter. Remember that I'll always love each and everyone of you. ❤️

Preface

I LOOKED at the time; it was past 8 o'clock in the evening. No rush and anything at all pero may kailangan pa akong asikasuhin, something very important even though it's not work-related if you'd ask me. I stretched my neck from left to right and untangled my messy bun. My hair fell perfectly down to my waist as its wave did its magic after being in a bun for eight hours. I was indeed exhausted but aside from being exhausted, I'm also thrilled. I decided to shut down my computer, organized my desk and brought the remaining unfinished files with me para sa bahay ko na lang tatapusin. I don't think I can do overtime tonight, definitely not tonight because men can be impatient.

I walked with poise and locked my office and continue to march across the hallway as if it was mine. I headed towards the black and sleek door in front of me and decided to knock three times, may manners rin naman ako kahit papaano. I opened the door only to find out a man with tons of paperwork in his desk that I assume will give him no choice but to stay up late. He didn't even notice me because of all the chaos his desk gave him. I coughed femininely and smiled at him. As usual, he gave me a firm expression and continued with his work. I gawked at him, how dare he?

I had no other choice than slamming a clear book full of due dates, follow-up meetings and presentations on his desk and finally he stopped doing whatever he's dealing with. He gazed at me and leaned back in his swivel chair. He's waiting for me to speak up so I gave him a genuine smile. He crossed his arms and raised his right eyebrow which made me loosen up a bit and frown.

"Here's your compilation, sir. It is sorted by date and company so you don't need to worry. Buti naman naisipan mong tuunan ako ng pansin, ano po?" I sarcastically said as he browsed the clear book. I sat on the couch of his office and crossed my legs. I just looked at him like he's the most wonderful and fascinating human creature in the world. So it's true after all, I'm undeniably and madly in love with him.

"You may go." He ordered as he finished the book and placed it inside his drawer without giving me a look. He focused his eyes back to his files and started examining them again. Now, I'm getting annoyed. Ganon na lang yon? Wala man lang thank you? Wala man lang goodnight?

"Listen to me, Sir." I stood up from the couch and headed straight to his desk and banged my palms on it, cornering him with my obviously annoyed expression. He didn't even bulge for heaven's sake, great.

Bagya akong napapikit upang pigilin ang galit ko. Lagi na lang, laging-lagi na lang ba siyang ganito sakin? Okay naman siyang makipag-usyoso sa mga employees niya dito pero sakin talaga pure professionalism lang? No, I won't accept that. I want him, not this kind of cold-blooded monster.

"I'm listening." He said as he stared at me at tila nakikipagkumpetensya sakin kung sinong unang kukurap. I never wanted to be mad pero at this point hindi ko na magawang itago ang galit ko. I slapped him hard on the right and then slapped him again on the left. He smirked and still has the guts to lean back onto his swivel chair like I'm some kind of a show. Damn arrogance alright.

"A woman who has the courage to slap his own boss? Not to mention, the CEO of the company. I'm very impressed." He said as he put his hand below his chin na para bang may iniisip. I bit my lip, huwag na huwag kang puputok at iiyak Cil. Tarantado lang talaga 'yang lalaking 'yan kaya huwag na huwag kang iiyak. It frustrated the hell out of me that I decided to breathe for a moment.

"I'm so done with all this games, Caleb. I'm so done with all of your shits and you making fun of me. I tried, sir! I damn tried all the best I could give but still you won't even respond to it. Ako na lahat, Caleb!" I snapped out of my system pero heto parin siya, chill and listening. I told him to listen pero not like this, I don't like plain listening. I want him to understand every syllable I'm telling him.

"You're tired?" He stood up and moved around me as if I was a murderer being investigated by a cop. "You're done?" He whispered near my ear and I felt shivers into my spine. "Then leave." He said as cold as ice. No emotion was traced and I know obviously what he wants-me giving up. Apparently, I can't and I won't.

"You're so damn unfair, sir." I blurted and stared at him like I want to break the ice inside him. I want to see him melt in front of me; I want to see him like that and I would pay big time just to see it.

"If you're tired loving and persuading me, it's your choice. You can fucking give up." He said and made his way back to his chair. I remained silent and started making decisions. I closed my eyes and thought about the possibilities. It's been two years, Cil. Now is not a good time to give it up just like that. You've come this far and might as well finish what you've started.

I smiled at him like it was the most truthful smile I made. Nangunot ang noo niya and confusion plastered on his face. I walked near him, his eyes locked into mine. I sat on his lap and whispered to his ear.

"I'm going to tease you, make you fall damn hard and destroy you into pieces until you beg to be mine. I'm not named Cecily Elena Obviar for nothing." I stated as I closed his mouth that was slightly open-shocked probably and kissed him on the cheek. I stood up and made my way towards his door and left his office.

I heard a loud crash from the room, figurines being smashed to the ground and curses coming out from his mouth. I smirked and made my way to the elevator. I'm going to persuade him and make him believe in me again. I'll do whatever it takes to make him fall hard. If he'll fight it and hold it against me then I'll fight back and there's no one stopping me.

May the best one win.