Chapter 6- Screwed Up Family.

A/N: since everybody has a questions regarding tyler's family, this will shed some light on it. There is also more to be revealed in later chapters. This was supposed to be a chapter about Tyler and Jacqueline but I decided to write more about Tyler's family for you guys. If any questions of yours are unanswered drop a comment and I'll do a Q&A chapter to answer it. :)

{Tyler}

; "Where did y'all go for y'all to be coming back at midnight?" my mother asked as she stared at us from the sofa.

"We had... business to handle." My father said simply, kissing my mother on the forehead.

"Well it must have been something very important, from the look on you two's faces." she said studying my face.

I stared back at her in an almost dazed form, looking back at her brown eyes and skin reminded me of the man on the cross. Her face started to shift unto his, and I could feel more vomit coming up as I ran to the bathroom and shutting the door.

The smell of burning flesh still remained in mind as I hurled out all of my insides it seemed.

"Tyler, honey are you okay in there?!" I could hear my mother yell.

"Y-yes, I need just a second!" I muttered to get out before vomiting again.

After a few more minuets of vomiting, I washed my hands and was absolutely exhausted. After seeing that man burn on the cross for something he probably didn't do, I was absolutely disgusted and knew it was a somewhat warning for me.

You see, my grandpa was a filthy rich man who grew up in a rural part of Georgia. Growing up, he was determined to be a successful man. When he was old enough, he learned from his father how to become a bank teller which landed him tons of money. He also hated African Americans just as his father taught him so; and when he found out his only son married a black woman AND had a CHILD by her, boy was it hell on earth! At least that's what I've been told.

Anyone who has ever heard of my screwed family's past knows that is a long web of lies, deceit, disappointment, and just about every word in the book. People who look in from the outside can't wrap their heads around why my father; Mr. James Link Monroe, would ever marry a black woman and have a mixed son.

But once again, this is a screwed up family.

After washing my hands, I opened the door to be greeted by the familiar sounds of my parents arguing.

"You took him to do WHAT?! James Link Monroe what in the HELL is wrong with you?! HOW DARE YOU TAKE HIM TO A KKK MEETING?!"

"Look Mary, it's midnight and I've had a long night dealing with my bastard of a father so it would be nice if you would get off my back." My father replied calmly.

"Get off your back?! JAMES YOU TOOK OUR SON TO A KKK MEETING SO HE CAN MURDER A BLACK MAN FOR NO REASON AND YOU EXPECT ME TO BE OKAY WITH THIS?! YOU'RE TEACHING HIM IT'S OKAY TO KILL HIS OWN RACE, TO JUST KILL THEM OFF LIKE WE ARE ANIMALS OR SOMETHING? HOW IS THAT AN ANY WAY OKAY, HUH?" my mother said getting in his face, it looked like she was seconds away from slapping the daylights out of him.

"WELL WHAT DID YOU EXPECT ME TO DO HUH? YOU KNOW DAMN WELL MY FATHER WASN'T GOING TO HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY. HE PAYS OUR BILLS FOR GOD'S SAKE MARY! HE'S BEEN PAYING THEM SINCE WE MOVED HERE, YOU KNOW HE CONTROLS EVERYTHING I HAVE! SO WHAT WAS I GONNA DO MARY?"

"So you took our boy to slaughter a man because of bills?! James I really expected you to be more sensible than this. You know as much as I do that with me being a school teacher and you being a doctor that we can pay our bills and then some! So stop giving me some bullshit excuse as to why you took OUR son to SLAUGHTER another man-"

"He threatened to turn me in Mary..." My father muttered.

"You mean for what happened in '55?" My mother said with a slight gasp.

"Yes... He's been holding it over my head since we got married and after hearing about how Tyler hangs with African Americans more lately, he says he's actually gonna turn me in if I don't straighten him up and if I don't do what he says.."

"But it's not any of his business who Tyler hangs out with! It's not like his friends are bad kids, why I know most of his black friends parents! If anything it's that damn Andrew that's gonna put Tyler into a dangerous situation!"

"He says Tyler is the last shred of hope for this family to have a somewhat decent legacy. According to him I screwed that up when I got married to you." He sighed

"That bastard... Can't we just talk it out with him or something-"

"I'm pretty sure that is out of the question Mary. We'll just have to tell Tyler what's going on and have to tell him why he can't befriend any more black people.." He said rubbing his neck.

"But we can't do that to him James, that's like stealing a part of his culture from him! He's half black for Christ's sake!"

"It's either that or I end up in the big house and there's no telling where you and Tyler will end up."

"I swear James I hate your screwed up father, he makes me sick to my stomach how could he threaten to turn his own son in for protecting someone?!" My mother said, her voice cracking.

"I know Mary, I know. But we'll get through this.. I'll come to a deal with him someway. I wouldn't have went to the meeting or any of them if he wasn't dangling this damn threat over my head. I love you, and you know I'll always protect you and Tyler no matter what happens." my father said hugging her.

I couldn't believe that my grandfather was as evil as my parents made him out to be. Growing up, he always favored me and would shower me with gifts and love. I rarely ever got in trouble with him, and when I did it was usually a pat on the hand as a punishment.

Only once before has he taken me to a KKK meeting, and even then he told me it was only to better me as a human, and all actions deserved a consequence. I was frightened out of my mind, and couldn't believe my grandad would involve himself in a horrible crime. He said it was for the better of America, and that it was a justice instead of a crime. Me being thirteen years old, I was very naive and actually believed him. He also told me that if I came back again, it would be a warning to me specifically to stay out of trouble.

I knew that my family history was messed up since I was 13, but I would have never thought that my parents were apart of it too.

Thanks for reading and excuse the mistakes! By the way guys, yes Tyler's mother is black and yes I know his dad is white trust me I an gonna break it all down for you all.

So yeah, comment and vote please! Love you all.