xɪᴠ. ʀᴜssɪᴀɴ ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀs

Start from the beginning

""A trip to china sounds nice."" Robin said. Savannah looked around wildly as they repeated the phrase. Savannah's eyes suddenly locked on. a Chinese restaurant, taping Robin on the shoulder and pointing to it. Robin gasped before looking down at her notes. ""If you tread lightly."" She read out, her eyes going to a shoe store. "Kaufman Shoes." Savannah muttered, looking at the next thing. ""When blue meets yellow in the west.""

Robin looked around before her eyes went to the large clock at the top of the wall, taping Savannah to show her. "Robin? Savannah?" Steve said walking up to the girls. "What are you doing?"

"We cracked it." Robin said. "Cracked what?" Steve asked cluelessly. "We cracked the code." Savannah smiled.

•••

OLIVER FOLLOWED AFTER WILL as he ran through the forest in the woods, calling after him.

He heard the sound of smashing, mixed with thunder making him more worried. Oliver ran faster towards the noise, Will came into view making him pause and stop.

The boy was pulling apart some kind of structure made out of wood. Oliver continued to walk forwards as Will calmed down, falling onto the floor that was muddy. "Will." Oliver muttered, crouching down besides him. Will continued to sob as he looked up at Oliver.

Oliver didn't say anything. He instead sat next to Will and pulled the boy into a hug, which made Will break down even more. "I'm so sorry." Oliver muttered as his eyes traveled the destroyed structure. Will just laid his head on Oliver's shoulder, continuing to cry.

The Lockeheart boy didn't care that he would most likely get sick. He didn't care about the loud noises that reminded him of home. He didn't care that he was getting wet, bruised, and muddy. He just needed to make sure Will was okay.

And Will was grateful that Oliver did.

•••

"LOOK FOR IMPERIAL PANDA and Kaufman Shoes." Robin instructed to Dustin who had binoculars on.

Savannah sat besides Robin with her hands over her ears. Her hair was wet and stuck to her face and she was overthinking about where the twins were as of now.

Little did she know one was on the floor in the forest while the other was biking to a random lifeguards house.

"They're with that whistling guy, ten o'clock." Dustin said, pointing at the man. "What do you think's in there?" Steve yelled over the sound of the rain which, in Savannah's ears, seemed to get louder and louder. "Guns, bombs?" Dustin said. "Chemical weapons?" Robin added. "Multiple things that could kill us?" Savannah yelled.

"Whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth." Dustin pointed out, staring at a man who held a gun. "Great." Steve mumbled, moving his hair out of his face. "That's great."

A door began to open, catching Robin's attention. "Hey, what's in there?" She yelled to Dustin. "It's just more boxes." He yelled back. Steve reached over, grabbing Dustin's binoculars. "Let me check it out." Dustin grabbed the binoculars back. "No, I'm still looking." Steve continued to pull at the goggles. "Lemme see it."

They dropped the binoculars onto the concrete roof making a loud thud. The guards looked up towards the roof making all the kids duck down to hide. "Hey, uh, maybe we should get going?" Savannah suggested, already feeling her anxiety rise. "Yeah, yeah. Sounds good." Robin muttered, disconnecting her hand from Steve's.