Ch.28 Kaido

~Y/n pov~

"I'm gonna come rescue you!" Luffy yelled to the teary eyes Momo, "Because you're my friend."

Tears rolled down Momo's cheeks as he nodded.

Jimbei shot out of the water, destroying one of the ships.

Luffy stared at him wide eyed.

I smiled, "I told you he'd come."

Luffy grinned and jumped over to Jimbei, hugging him tightly.

Jimbei laughed cheerily.

"Jimbei!"

He climbed onto the ship with Luffy still clinging to him, "Everyone! I'm a crew member of the Sunny from today."

"A former warlord is our teammate. How reassuring." Usopp grinned.

"You really made me worried." Luffy looked at Jimbei with a scolding expression.

"Sorry." Jimbei smiled, "I had to take care of some injured members of the Sun pirates, and the farewell party for me was a blast, so I couldn't leave it."

"But it's really nice to see you again." Nami grinned.

"I'm looking forward to travelling with you!"

Jimbei grabbed the helm as Nami and Chopper praised his steering skills.

Franky smirked, "Someone who can tap into the dream ship's potential finally appeared..."

"This is a great ship." Jimbei stated.

"Thanks."

Luffy smiled happily and clung to my arm, watching Jimbei steer the ship.

"Hey! Luffy!"

Our conversation was interrupted as we turned to Kin'emon.

"I want to discuss what we will do after we reach Onigashima!" Kin'emon yelled to us, "Come here!"

Luffy completely ignored him, "I smell food."

The others seemed to be discussing a plan while our crew sailed towards the smell of food and booze as Luffy and Zoro claimed to have smelt it.

Zoro smirked as we got closer, "It seems like they have nice booze."

"How can you smell it from that far away?" I glanced at him with a judging expression.

The beast pirates started to fire at us but we managed to avoid it with Jimbei's skilful steering.

"Destroy their gun battery." Jimbei instructed.

I watched as the monster trio charged in.

Once we got to shore, the rest of us hopped off the ship and started fighting.

Nami, Usopp and Chopper stayed on the ship, cowering behind the railing.

It wasn't hard to take out all the guards.

Though I assumed it wouldn't be long until they would start to notice.

"Good job, you guys!" Nami, Usopp and Chopper praised from the boat.

"You could've at least helped!" Franky yelled at them.

"Let's have a toast!" Luffy laughed.

I wasn't even surprised when Luffy and Zoro grabbed the food and alcohol and started eating and drinking.

Even at a time like this... so carefree.

I watched as the rest of the ships started to catch up.

Luffy climbed on top of the rubble and waved to them, "Kin'emon, we found the enemies!"