Ch.9 Crocodile

~Y/n pov~

"Well, we should be off." Vivi told Toto.

"Luffy, take this with you." Toto gave him some water.

Luffy smiled.

It was so hot but I could probably manage an hour or so.

I tried to keep up with everyone as I walked in their shadows.

Luffy stopped walking and sat at a tree.

I paused when I saw him stop, gaining the attention of the others.

"Luffy? What're you doing?!" Usopp asked.

"What's wrong, Luffy?" Vivi asked when he remained silent.

Luffy frowned, "I quit."

"What do you mean?"

Sanji tried to pull Luffy up but Luffy simply pushed the blonde away.

"Vivi.. I wanna kick Crocodile's ass. If we stop the people rebelling, will that stop Crocodile?" There was a serious expression on his face, "Besides, as won't be able to do anything in Katorea anyway. We're pirates, you see. Things are better off without us around."

"He can really get straight to the point without thinking sometimes.." Sanji stated.

"You want it so nobody dies in this fight." Luffy continued, "None of the citizens, and none of us! Even when we're up against a Warlord of the sea and a million people are going wild, you hope everyone will stay safe and sound. Don't you think that's too soft hearted?"

Vivi clenched her fists, her arms shaking.

"Hold on, Luffy. At least show some sympathy for Vivi." Nami told him.

"And what's wrong with thinking that? What's wrong with not wanting people to die?!" Vivi yelled.

"People die." Luffy responded bluntly.

Vivi slapped him, "Say that again and I'll make you pay! That's exactly what we're trying to stop here! The rebel army, the royal army and the people of this kingdom haven't done anything wrong! So why do people have to die when it's all Crocodile's fault?!"

Luffy jumped up and whacked Vivi around the face, "then why are you putting your life on the line?! Just one look at this kingdom and even I can tell... what most needs to be done."

Vivi pinned him to the ground and started hitting him.

"At least try putting all of our lives on the line too! Aren't we friends?!" Luffy yelled angrily.

Tears ran down Vivi's cheeks as she stared at Luffy in shock.

~*~

"I know you're in there, Crocodile!" Luffy yelled as we ran towards the casino.

Luffy was holding my hand and half pulling me along.

Running in this heat was exhausting.

"Get back here, you!" There were people running after us and shooting.

"They're damn annoying." Zoro complained, cutting them down.

We entered the casino.

"I came all the way to kick your ass!" Luffy yelled angrily but everyone ignored us and continued to gamble.

"I've got you now, Straw hat!" Smoker ran toward us.

We all quickly ran through the building trying to escape him.

We kept running and then entered a room named the VIP room.

They welcomed us in as we ran past.

The passageway split into two paths.