40: Birthday

7/20/22

Akira: Thank you.

Kina: THAT'S IT!!!

Aiya: 18 year olds huh.

Kina: BE MORE THANKFUL!!!

Akira ruffles his sisters hair.

Akira: Thanks sis.

She got him a phone case.

Kina gives him a big smile, wrapping her arms around her brother. In front of him, was a cake. Not big, but perfect for them. It was strawberry.

Akira: Well let's dig in. Thank you for the food.

RING RING

Akira: Oh, looks like Itsuki's calling.

Kina: I GOT IT!!!

She reaches over and grabs Akira's phone.

Kina: HI!! YES, IT'S ME!!! Sorry brother, just a sec!

She runs out the room.

Akira: Why did she answer? I mean it's just Itsuki.

Aiya: Son, I think it's time to learn more about the female body.

Akira: Huh?

Aiya: Since your father was a horrible piece of shit that can gladly die in a ditch, I will have to teach you. Sorry it isn't a mother thing to do, but think of me as a father as of now.

Akira: Wait, I don't really understand. Yeah the one who must not be names (Kina's idea) is a horrible piece of shit that can gladly die in a ditch, but what's up with this act thing?

Aiya: You know, son,

Akira: Please don't call me that.

Aiya: Anyways, you see, when a girl gets to a certain age, things start happening. I think you've heard of it, but its called a period.

Akira: Mom it's my birthday please stop.

Aiya: And Kina is probably reaching a point to where her body starts to morph into a a beautiful women.

Akira: Mom stop!

Aiya: Soon we will see our baby girl change!

Akira: MOM STOP!!

***

Akira went out for a walk, alone.

Akira Thinking: Akina growing up. No matter how I think of it, she will always be my younger sister. However, what I'm thinking is that, Period, thing. Mom said girls get mean when they get it, which makes perfect since if they go through so much pain. And now we need supplies for this. Pads, tampons, just more expenses. But if my sister needs it, then I'll get it. I still don't know why mom made me get it.

He moved forward to the store, and stopped in the girls aisle.

Akira: This is still too confusing. It's my birthday, why can't I just relax.

???: Um, Akira?

The boy turns his head to see a girl.

Akira: Oh, hey, Yotsuba.

Yotsuba: HIYA!!

???: I'M ICHIKA!!!

Akira: Oh, I was just saying hi to Yotsuba, I knew you too Ichika.

Ichika puffs her cheeks and turns around.

Yotsuba: So Kira, can I ask why you're here?

Akira: Oh, hey, question, are you on your period?