21: Thank You Gift

POV: Narrator

Akira: Damn, I know for sure Yotsuba isn't going to be here, and I don't have much faith in a lot of the others.

He opens the door to the library to see Miku sitting at one of the desk writing.

Akira Thinking: At least we have one huh.

Akira: Good afternoon Miku.

Miku: Hello Akira. How are you?

Akira: I'm doing well. You?

Miku: Same.

Akira: That's good. A little annoying that no one else came, but at least you are here.

Miku: It's still early, who kn-

Akira: Don't give me hope Miku. I will only be disappointed.

Miku: Sorry.

Akira: It's ok. Anyways, I wanted to say good job on your social studies test. A 70 percent, keep it up and we will keep seeing your grades go up.

Miku: Thank you. It means a lot.

He brings his hand up and pats her head.

Akira: Buuut we have to talk about your English test.

Miku: Ehehe, yeah.

Akira: We went over this, a 29.

Miku: It was all different.

Akira: I have the test here, it's the same thing I taught you.

Miku: Oh.

Akira: Come on, let's go over this. I know for sure this will be on the finals so we need to learn this.

Miku: Mmm, ok.

Akira: You know I was just practicing English with Yotsuba too yesterday. Seems like you all are bad at it. Nino passed, but I'd like to see better. From all of you that is.

Miku: What are we looking for?

Akira: A 100 but that seems impossible that this point in the game. Let's see, you got a 13 on your midterms, so, let's at least pass over a 30. Seems reasonab-

Miku: I CAN DO IT!!

Akira: Yeah, you can. Miku, I believe you can pass every class. You really can do it.

Miku: Ah, you think so?

Akira: Oh yeah, definitely. Just have faith in yourself. I can see how hard your trying, so let's hope all that hard work pays off. It takes crushing grapes to make wine.

Miku: Huh?

Akira: You knew grapes make wine, right?

Miku: Yes, but what does it mean?

Akira: Oh, I'm surprised you never heard that one before. It means it takes a small thing to make something big. So grapes being a start and wine being the end result.

Miku: I see.

Akira: Heh, sorry I stumped you. Anyways, let's look over this test.

Miku: Ok.

He pulls back the chair next to her and sits down.

Akira: You handwriting has gotten better but you still make some mistakes on some letters. Your 'N' looks like a 'M' somethings and a 'E' looks like a 'F'. These simple mistakes can be looked over in the real world but in school it will be points taken off.

Miku: Well if it doesn't even matter why do points get off?

Akira: I mean this is school. They want you to completely learn this stuff so that you don't have to embarrass yourself in front of native English speakers.