CHAPTER TWO: MEETING EDDIE MUNSON

FOR SOME REASON you woke up a little too early. You yawned and tried to go back to sleep, but something wouldn't let you. You rose from your bed and made it, patting down your silk pajamas and putting on your slides. You left the room and saw Steve still on the couch, you helped yourself to coffee, taking the mug with you out of the apartment and into the mail. You slid in your key and sipped your coffee, opening the small door. You took the mail and put it in between your legs, the apartment secretary telling you good morning and you returned the greeting, closing the small door again. You peeked a look at the glass windows and saw police going down the street, you let out a hm, wondering what that could be.

You grabbed the mail and headed back to your room number, opening the door and shutting it, placing the mail on the coffee table before checking the time on your watch, it was about time Steve got up, seeing as he didn't take a shower last night from his jeans still being on. You tapped him gently, he groaned and hid himself in the couch pillow. "Wake up steve!" You whisper yelled. He asked why and you answered, "take a shower while I make breakfast" he sighed and asked for five more minutes and you told him fine.

You made scrambled eggs, bacon, and egos with a side of coffee for him while you had the same. "Someone's in a good mood" Steve said smiling, looking at the waffle and a smiley face made of whipped cream placed on top. You shrugged, "I feel like I can start writing again, I'm gonna start bringing a notepad everywhere" you laughed, he smiled in joy. "When you become a millionaire, will you share? Or you're gonna stay here, in this apartment with me?" He asked, "I won't share! But I'll buy us a house and get you into a good college" you smiled and answered honestly, "sounds great to me, you comin to work?" "Yeah, I haven't heard from robin in a while" "she probably got a real therapist" he said while taking a sip of his coffee. You laughed and ate your breakfast, "she needs one".

You sat at the music player, snacking on a snickers bar, playing Tears for Fears- Everybody wants to rule the world while you listen to robins problems. "But I'm having this problem where it's like, I should stop talking" "mm" "and I say everything I've needed to say, but then it's like the words keep spilling out, and it's like my... my Brain is moving faster than my mouth, or-or rather my-my mouth is moving faster than my brain, and it's like I'm digging this hole for myself and I wanna stop digging, I'm trying to stop digging, and I can't, and I'm doing it right now arent I?" "Yeah you are" Steve replied to the rant while you nodded your head at her from the front counter. She sighs and backs against the wall, "I'm hopeless" she says tragically, "we both are" Steve says, joining her.

"How do you do it, y/n? You just do everything so perfect, if you want something you always get it-" "except for book writing we beat her at that" Steve cut robin off, reaching for a high-five but was left empty handed. you send him a glare before answering to robin. "I read books, I pick up data on them, use the data and then boom, date on Saturday, 7:30 or 8:30 if they can't fit Saturday then Thursday because who's busy on thursdays? And let them talk about themselves, if they overdo it, then no, if they say something you don't like, then no," "but how does that solve my problem?!" Robin said desperately. "You didn't ask for help, you ask what I do" you stared at her blankly.

"If only we could just combine," robin said, looking at Steve, he looked at her "combine?" He let out. You laughed listening to her babble before she picked up the movie of the day, "that movie is boring" you answered. "Whatever" robin answered. You turned around and leaned against the desk, turning on the tv, finishing your snickers and the news came on "we're in the Forest Hills trailer park in east Roane County" that caught all of your attention as the lady finished, "we don't have a lot of details right now, but we can confirm that the body of a Hawkins high student was discovered early this morning. Police have not released the name" "holy shit" Steve let out. "Although we are told they're currently in the process of notifying the family"