Chapter 31

The next day, on the baseball field...

The girls were on the baseball field along with Coach Abby, Coach Mica, Maire, and Axel. The girls were gathered around close to the home base of the field. Coach Abby was explaining to the girls about what they were going to do today.

"Okay, girls we're just going to work on team bonding exercises." said Coach Abby, as she admits to the girls. "Since there are two coaches, an old friend of mine. Ah, and here she is now, girls I will like you to meet-"

"CHRISTEN PRESS!!!" yelled Khole, as she and the rest of the girls squealed, except for Coach Abby, Coach Mica, Alaia, Clara, Nora, Hadley, Sabrina, and Maire.

"Oh wow, her you know." said Coach Abby, as she scoffs while crossing her arms, before looking at Coach Mica, Alaia, Clara, Nora, Hadley, Sabrina, and Maire. "So, why aren't you girls squealing?"

"We've basically been with Christen before and during the Portland Thorns vs. The Utah Royals game," said Maire, as she admits to Coach Abby, while pointing to herself including Clara and Nora. "Hadley and Sabrina have known Christen longer, since Hadley has been a super fan, while Sabrina has been playing against the USWNT."

"And Alaia?" said Coach Abby, as she asked Maire.

"She's happy to see her." said Clara, as she admits to Coach Abby.

"Then how come she isn't smiling? Or even circled around her like all of the other girls?" said Coach Abby, as she asked Clara. "Is she shy?"

"No." said Clara, as she admits to her. "She's just serious."

"Yeah, she respects Christen, since she and the other USWNT girls helped us press charges on Coach Sloan." said Clara, as she admits to Coach Abby.

After hearing Coach Sloan's name, Alaia starts to growl.

"Easy, Axel." said Nora, as she looked down at Axel.

"Uh, Nora that was Alaia." said Maire, as she admits to Nora who blushes.

"Whoops, sorry Alaia I didn't know." said Nora, as she admits to Alaia.

"Non taken." said Alaia, without looking at Nora.

Christen was greeting everyone one by one, before heading to Coach Abby, Coach Mica, Alaia, Clara, Nora, Hadley, Sabrina, and Maire.

"Abby!" said Christen, cheerfully as she hugs Coach Abby who hugs her back. "It's been a long time!"

"Tell me about it!" said Coach Abby, as she smiles back.

"How are the girls?" said Coach Abby, as she asked Christen.

"Great, they're back in their original soccer clubs." said Christen, as she admits to Coach Abby.

"I'm glad." said Coach Abby, as she chuckles.

"Hah, more like jealousy." said Nora, as she snorted.

"What?" said Christen, with a confused look.

"Nora!" said both Clara and Maire, as they both looked at Nora.

"What, it's the truth!" said Nora, as Coach Abby puts her hand on her face.

"I was just kidding Nora." said Coach Abby, as she admits to Nora.

"Riiiight." said Nora, as she joked around.

Coach Abby, not wanting to argue with Nora, heads to the center of the team circle.

"Alright! Listen up team!" said Coach Abby, as she huddles up the team. "Christen is going to be helping us with our team's emotional behavior, by helping us with our team bonding exercise."