CHAPTER 8: Hanging With Dad

I woke up and went downstairs for breakfast. My father motioned me to come along with him. I slowly walked up to him.
"What's wrong?" Dad asked.
"It's nothing." I said with a smile.
He gave me a suspicious look and then shook it off. "You and I are gonna hang out together. I'm not mad anymore. It's ok." He told me with a smile and I smiled at him back.
Dad and I told mom bye and walked to the stables to get our dragons.
"Hey, Pearl!" I exclaimed as I saddled her up.
'Hey, Kara!' Pearl thought with excitement, wagging her spiky tail.
Dad gave me a look and said, "you never talk to Pearl like that. You must be really happy today, girl! What got you so hyped up?"
I thought for a minute. Don't want to spill the beans. "Well. Today is a new day, and I want to start it with a happy smile with a happy tone!" I exclaimed smiling.
"Alright!" Dad exclaimed smiling back, leading Toothless out with me lingering behind.
I got on top of Pearl and dad got on top of Toothless.
'Hey, Hiccup. Something doesn't smell right with Kara.' Toothless thought as he sniffed the air.
I smiled nervously but recognized that Hiccup can't understand what he's thinking.
"Come on, Kara. Let's go to Itchy Armpit to see if we can find any new dragons. What do you say?" Dad asked.
"Sure!" I replied smiling.
Dad smiled back and we both shot up and flew over the sea to get to the island. We landed and I slipped off of Pearl.
"Come on. This place isn't so small as it looks." My dad said as we all ventured through the trees.
As we were walking, I felt very weird. 'Oh no.' I thought. 'Not. Now!'
Toothless sniffed the air and glanced at me roaring his head off at me. 'Hiccup! Something is wrong with your daughter!' Toothless thought wildly, roaring and spinning around.
"Toothless!" Dad yelled. "That's enough, bud! I have no idea why he's acting this way!" Dad exclaimed pulling Toothless away from me. Toothless growled.
"I don't know either." I replied, staring in terror at Toothless.
'Toothless!' Pearl thought. 'Keep it down! We need to keep this a secret!'
Toothless panted and calmed down, and he walked by dad's side.
"There you go, bud." Dad muttered walking through the trees. I followed, no longer feeling weird.
We arrived back to Berk and didn't spot any other dragons.
"Man." Dad started. "I was hoping to see that Night Fury that I saw yesterday."
I widened my eyes after he said that. "Well, maybe you can see it at a different island. I'm pretty sure there are more Night Furies at a different island." I told him as he nodded with agreement.