Clumsy

"I cannot believe you actually managed to break your leg flo. I mean, I know you're clumsy, but falling out of your car? Come on, that should have been impossible." You laugh as you carry your girlfriend bridal style into the house.

Florence scowls as she was placed down onto the couch, and she finds herself glaring up at the woman currently staring down at her with an amused look on her face, "Well, it happened. So accept it and stop laughing at me before I make you sleep on the couch tonight." she warns, grabbing a decorative pillow and placing it on the coffee table before carefully placing her leg on top of it.

You raise an eyebrow pointedly as you drop down onto the couch next to her, "Considering you're gonna need my help to get upstairs in the first place, I could just...not do that and make you sleep on the couch instead." You shrug.

"You're a bitch." Florence pouts, and you grin as you throw an arm over her shoulders, "You bet baby."

*

"I mean, I might just sleep here anyway. I don't know if I can trust you to get me up the stairs without dropping me." Florence speaks as she watches you lock the house up for the night.

You briefly look back, "Come on babe, have a little faith in me." you encourage, tugging on the door knob to make sure it was well and truly locked before hanging the keys back up onto the little hook by the door.

"It's not that...I just..." Florence trails off as she looks at the stairs that seemed way more daunting than they did moments prior.

You smile as you walk over, bending down and placing one arm underneath her legs and the other around the small of her back, "Do you trust me?" You question softly, placing a gentle peck to her button nose.

Florence bites her bottom lip softly before nodding her head, "Yeah," she whispers, and you take that as permission to finally lift her. You do so cautiously, not wanting to panic the woman and once you were at the bottom of the stairs, you tighten your grip ever so slightly wanting the blonde to know she was safe and that you wouldn't drop her.

You take them one step at a time, choosing to ignore the lack of oxygen getting into your lungs when the arms tighten around your neck exceptionally more than necessary, but a sigh of relief did escape your lips when you make it to the very top.

"See, nothing to worry about." You sooth her as you nudge open the bedroom door with your foot, walking inside and heading straight through to the bathroom.

You make sure the toilet seat was down before easing the woman onto it, "Don't move." You warn as you hand her both the toothpaste and her toothbrush, waiting for her to nod before leaving the room briefly to grab her some pyjamas.

You settle on a large shirt with clean underwear before you reappear, eyes widening when you see Florence up and on her feet.

"Florence, I told you to stay." You scold, setting down the clothes and wrapping your arms securely around her waist.

"Well I'm sorry but I needed to spit and I couldn't exactly call you with my mouth full of toothpaste." Florence rolls her eyes before sticking the toothbrush back into her mouth.

You glare at her through the mirror, but choose to keep quiet and let her finish. Florence seems to take advantage of being allowed to stand and makes quick work of washing her face too before letting you help her back onto the toilet seat.

"I need to shower." she murmurs, complying when you tug on her dress allowing it to be lifted from her body.

You smile and tug the clean shirt over her head, watching as Florence shoves her arms through the designated holes before tugging it down to cover her, "I know, but the doctor said you couldn't until you get your proper cast on. You can have a wash or something in the morning." you hold out your hands.

Florence takes them with a small sigh and tightly grips your shoulders as her underwear was pulled down and a new pair was put in its place.

"I know it sucks," You acknowledge as you lift her again and carry her through to the bedroom, easing her small frame down onto the bed, "maybe we can convince them to put you into a boot instead. That way you can still take baths."

"I don't want a stupid bath. I want to shower." Florence pouts as she allows you to lift the covers over her.

You roll your eyes and kiss her cheek before working on getting ready for bed yourself, "Well, I'm sorry babe, but a stupid bath is all you'll be able to have considering you need two feet to shower safely." You point out, tugging off your shirt and jeans.

Florence's eyes roam your body unashamedly before she replies, "That sucks."

"I know. But you have to deal with it I'm afraid, and if I even see you attempting to do it by yourself I really will make you sleep on the couch." You warn.

"The couch is comfortable." She shrugs uncaringly, making sure to raise her voice so she'd be heard from where you had slipped into the bathroom to brush your teeth.

"No sex for a month then." You call back, and Florence gasps offendedly, waiting for you to reappear before responding.

"You wouldn't do that to me babe."

You raise a brow pointedly as you climb onto the bed next of her and tug the covers up, "Try me Flo." You warn, and the blonde rolls eyes her before begrudgingly nodding her head.

Maybe you'd forget and she'd be able to shower tomorrow.

"Now..." you change the subject as you settle against your pillow and hold open your arms, "Come cuddle."

Florence smiles as she settles contently against you, leaning up to place a peck to your lips.

"G'night babe. I love you."

She feels arms tighten around her, "I love you too."

**

I'd love to hear your thoughts!!