Chapter 25: Feelings under the skin

Start from the beginning

'Try...'

Jungkook shook his head. The feeling was cozy, calming, warm. He didn't want to lose even a second of it.

'It's better like that...' he whispered, closing his eyes. 'I feel like my mind is resting now more than during sleep.'

'Fine then...' Taehyung agreed calmly and moved his legs a bit.

And the slight movement, made Jungkook's, clouded by overwhelming thoughts, mind, suddenly realize the position he was in.

He was laying on Taehyung. His legs were between Taehyung's legs. Their middles and chest were tightly pressed together. His one hand was gripping Taehyung's shirt, while the other was holding his waist delicately. Taehyung's right hand was steadily stroking his back.

'Sorry! I haven't thought about you! You must be uncomfortable! Am I heavy?!' Jungkook opened his eyes fastly in instant panic, trying to move away. 

He was stopped by the unexpectedly strong grip on both sides of his hips.

'Stay where you are...' Taehyung demanded sternly.

'But...'

'Lay down, as you were laying, and don't move...'

'Why?'

'Because I said so.'

Jungkook was cursing on the darkness that was in the tent. He couldn't read Taehyung's expression. Something that would tell him Taehyung's mood. Even a glimpse, a millisecond, would tell him.

Was he mad? Was he tired? Was he sleepy? Was he...

'Come on, Koo... Don't make it hard for me...' Taehyung's voice was gentle, just a little as if he was holding his breath. A deep whisper in the darkness...

Jungkook slowly layed down again, pressing his cheek to Taehyung's chest. 

After a moment, Taehyung hesitantly let go of his hips. One of his arms circled around Jungkook's waist and the other hand moved to his hair. His fingers intertwined with soft strands.

'If it is hard for you...' Jungkook whispered. '...to have me this close... wouldn't it be better if I lay beside you?'

'No.'

A simple answer... But Jungkook had to know more. He wanted to understand...

'Why?'

Taehyung sighed.

But it wasn't even hard to explain. It wasn't embarrassing. Because it was Jungkook.

If it would be Jimin or anybody else... he would be a stattering, embarrassed mess. But with Jungkook... in the darkness... when he could only feel the warmth of his body, feel his heartbeat through the clothes, matching his own... Hearing the voice that he felt was with him through the centuries... There was no embarrassment. No shame.

There was only the comfort they shared. The certainty of the things awaiting them in the future.

Their truth...

'No matter how my body reacts... Feeling you this close, just like that... It's peaceful. It's not the physical calmness. It's something I need so much more right now... It's the feeling of having you right where you belong. Where I am sure nothing can harm you.' 

Jungkook nodded in understanding.

Nothing was easy between them.

And yet everything was so simple...

It could feel strange to others, but they were different.

Taehyung, being just seventeen, could use words full of truth. Words that most adults weren't able to say through their lifetime.