↝ chapter three

lightning strikes - aerosmith
4 | they know something

eddie had been missing, or on the run, for days. chrissy had been revealed to be the dead body, and eddie the prime suspect, on the news. their town had gone into complete shambles. maude's cousins would sit on the couch and sharpen knives and count bullets, sometimes pointing them at her and grinning with their pointy teeth. she wondered if they'd sharpened those, too.

maude had ridden her bike around town, trying to find eddie. she didn't know why she did this, or why she thought there was a possibility that he wouldn't run away if she were to find him, but she did it anyway. she checked the drama room at school, the hideout, even the small clearing in the woods just beyond their school that eddie went to make his drug deals with desperate students. nothing.

she had grown exhausted from waiting to find someone who didn't even know of her existence— of thinking that maybe she could help him.

"stop slacking, would 'ya?" brad growled as he looked over his shoulder to scowl at maude. dean and him had dragged her to a massive weapon warehouse called the war zone, and had ordered to carry all of the deadly weapons they planned to buy. most of the basketball players were there too, as well as plenty of other townspeople.

even a small girl, throwing things into her trolley. erica sinclair. maude watched her, perplexed that such a young girl was shopping for such awful weaponry— and then she noticed how she freaked out when she saw some of the basketball players, and darted to hide from them. it was then that maude began to notice her associates— her brother lucas, steve harrington, robin buckley, nancy wheeler. they all met up to pay for their weapons and spoke in a panicked hush.

maude acted quickly, locating a trolley and dumping all of her cousins weapons in it before following after them as they slipped out a side door. she waited only a second before she pushed through it, and when she did she saw a large trailer van roar to life and begin driving out of the small alleyway. maude frowned as she watched the trailer drive off, and didn't know what to think. they knew something— she could tell. whether it was related to eddie or hawkins, or both, she wasn't sure.

when maude returned to her cousins, they were glaring at her with such hatred. dead shoved the trolley into her when she got near enough, and he spat. something he had a habit of doing. "you piece of shit, can't trust you to do anything for us."

"where did you go?" brad asked accusingly, stepping towards her and looking down.

"i thought i..." she didn't know what to say. she didn't know if telling them would give anything away, if it would fill the missing piece of their puzzle. so she looked down to her feet, and prepared for their worst. "i just got nervous and went for some air."

"weak," dean hissed, reaching for a gun and aiming it at her. she gasped and stood back, but brad grabbed her and made her face it. "you see this? i'm gonna use this gun to teach you how to have balls."

"w-what?"

"you're going to stand against a wall and stay very still while brad and i practice our precision."

maude's eyes brimmed with tears. "no, please don't. i'm sorry."

"oh, quit crying!" brad groaned, pushing her away. she fell towards the trolley and grabbed it to balance herself, watching with wide eyes as dean lowered it back into it, his eyes never breaking away from her.

maude wished the ground would crack open and swallow her up.

coming up to the end of season 4, and to the actual spin-off part ahh!!! there is much i have planned.
also fuck dean and brad.
prepare yourselves, babes!

sincerely,
one of the nails eddie pins <3