Luke is in my first period algebra with Mrs. Dodds. I didn't think algebra could get any worse until he sat next to me. I would have loved to get up but Mrs. Dodds was taking roll and I was not in the mood for a detention. I have to pick up my brother's after school because Helen is going with dad on one of his business trips.

It's a worthless attempt at spending time together. As far as I'm concerned dad sleeps at the office.

Helen just figured they'd be able to spend time together and talk if she came along. But what she doesn't realize is that on business trips it's all about business. Wherever you are you don't get to do any sightseeing. You don't go to fancy restaurants. You spend most of your time in a decent hotel by the airport.

Ah yes, when I think of romance I think of a romantic room service meal at 11PM, dead tired, waiting for my partner to get back from work, ending up having to eat all by myself, getting awoken at 3AM by your partner who just got back from work, having no energy to argue because you stayed up until 1AM waiting for them, and once again being awoken at 6AM because they have to go back to work. To top it all off imagine being a stay at home mom and this is your first vacation away from you kids in 8 years. If that doesn't scream romance and spending quality time I don't know what does.

Luke kept stealing glances at me. I could tell he was already nervous about his decision to sit next to me considering Percy. That luckily kept him from talking to me. He would open his mouth then close it. He looked like a fish.

Half way through class he finally mustered up the courage to speak. I expected him to say something douchy. Or ask me something personal. Instead he said "What's the answer to number 6?" I still rolled my eyes because I would never GIVE him the answer. Even when we were dating I would just help him. I never give anyone the answer. I scoffed in response to him question and he shut up.

About 10 minutes later. The door opened. It was........... Yup, you guessed it Percy Jackson.

He was wearing an all black outfit, which was very new for him, he had on black ripped jeans, a black hoodie, and a leather jacket over it. A little to much for me but he didn't look bad. Infact I think people looked at him more today. He had his hood on covering his eyes. You couldn't get a good look at him which means something happened. "MR. JACKSON! DETENTION FPR 3 DAYS! And take your hood off. You know the rules!" Mrs. Dodds told, sorry screamed at him. Mumbled something under his breath and sat down in the back of the class. Drew Tanaka was practically drooling over him. Mrs. Dodds had gone back to teaching, badly might I add, and the attention went off of Percy. I tried texting him but I didn't want a detention so I refrained.

Once people stopped looking he finally took of his hood when he noticed Mrs. Dodds had put him down for another detention. And what I saw horrified me.

If Percy has been walking around wounded every single day for the past year, or maybe even longer, I wonder how nobody has come to the bottom of it yet.

Something is so obviously going on with Percy. I'm not stupid. But it's usually a couple of bruises. A few scratches. Maybe a limp but what I saw today was different. A massive cut was on his face. It started a little below his eye and disappeared into his hoodie. This was some next level shit let me tell ya. He also had a black eye. He kept his hoodie half up so it wasn't exposing too much but his black eye was open for everyone to see.

Luke looked nervous when he saw Percy come in. He started to sweat and rub the back of his neck. He kept glancing at Percy. After a while Percy put his hoodie back on. He also added sunglasses to cover everything. He looked normal now. He kept staring back and forth between me and Luke. Probably surprised I hadn't judo flipped him already. I could practically see the pleasure on his face when he made Luke squirm.