1

"Just try to make some friends here. This is our last move. Promise, pumpkin.", my dad says.

"Yeah dad.", I say as I grab my bag and exit the car.

"Love you kiddo.", he says.

"Love you too dad.", I reply before heading into the school.

I sigh as I try to figure out where the office is and I bump into a girl.

I say,"I'm sorry."

She glares at me and I ask,"Do you know which way to the office? I'm new here and need to get my schedule."

Her face softens and she asks,"You're new here too huh?"

I nod and an older boy steps up behind her and I look up at him. His eyes snare me first before I see the rest of his features. His eyes are a blue grey like the ocean. And they're set under perfect brows that are furrowed in anger.

"Max what did I tell you about talking to people?", he says.

I reply,"It's actually my fault. I uh bumped into her. I'm a little lost. I can't find the office. I'm new in town."

He looks me up and down and I blush slightly. I'm just wearing a black and white plaid skirt, a black tank top and a black baseball jersey shirt open. I have my black boots on and have my bag slung over my shoulder.

He smirks at my blush and says,"Damn what made you move to this hell hole."

I reply,"Dad's work. I miss the sandy beaches of California but at the same time hoping it doesn't get too sunny here."

He gives a small laugh and I smile.

"I'm Adora. But if you actually stick around, you can call me Addie.", I say holding out my hand to the boy.

He takes it gently and says,"Billy. Billy Hargrove."

I smile and say,"Pleasure to meet you, Billy."

He smiles and says,"Pleasures all mine."

I blush as he bites his bottom lip looking me up and down.

"The office is this way.", he says.

I follow behind him and look at Max.

I ask,"You skateboard?"

She nods and I say,"You and I have a lot in common."

She asks,"You shred?"

I reply,"I used to shred the waves might as well shred the pavement."

She smiles and I ask,"Anywhere we can skate around here?"

She shrugs and says,"I skate everywhere Billy doesn't take me."

I nod and say,"This town doesn't have a skate park. Noted."

Billy stops in front of a door and he ushers Max inside. He follows and I follow behind him.

He leans down and whispers as we wait for the receptionist,"You're 16 right?"

I whisper,"I'm about to be 17. School is...it's a challenge for me. Plus my mother didn't have me in kindergarten til I was 5."

He asks,"Why?"

I'm about to respond when the receptionist calls out to us. We walk up and she hands me my schedule. I look through it and sigh. I don't know where any of these are. Billy takes my schedule and looks at it.

He says,"It seems you and Maxine have all the same classes."

I smile and say,"Cool. We won't be alone then."