✗ two ✗

⚊ chapter two

Long time of practice allowed me to swallow my surprise under his gaze. I remain cool on the outside when my mom moved forward to hug Heeseung.

"Thank you for coming", I said softly as mom released him and he kept me under his stare.

"Oh my sweet Hee, look at you! Every time I see you I forgot how damn handsome you are!", Her words made me blushed slightly for being too direct in his face.

I think I should be like my mom. She always gave a lot of compliments to anyone and love and I couldn't help but wonder if I will ever be like her. She can say anything without getting embarassed and it will not come out sounding awkward.

Heeseung gave her a soft smile as she moved around to welcome the other guests coming in.

Finally, he turned towards me. He stood just inside the door in all of his six footer glory with his fists shoved in his pockets. It looks like the school's soccer team practices was absolutely doing him wonders - it was impossible not to notice how he packed a bit in his muscles.

We made another eye contact and I briefly nodded my head to him before I was moving to leave, to escape.

"Your friends is right at the corner waiting for you", is all I spared him before walking immediately to where Ryujin is playfully sitting on Yeji's lap.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Heeseung is about to reach for my arm, but he stopped himself at the last second and I looked away, only to find one of his friends standing before me.

It's Jake, the one from Australia and insanely goodlooking as he smirked down at me.

I turned to give him a look of askance and noticed how his eyes averted in Heeseung's direction, then back at me. I raised an eyebrow at him in a silent question, but his only response was a cheeky grin.

He knew something, so I better avoid him as well, a rather too obvious move. But I don't care.

Remember your rules, Sunhee!

Everyone stood together in the front porch now, waving to my grandparents as they drove away. Nothing much happened other than eating and socializing while I stayed most of the time with my friends before they too had to leave.

I also had taken in avoidance of the danger I called Lee Heeseung the whole night.

Sunoo was next to me with his arm around my shoulders. The amount of weight he put on me was a clear indicator that he had too much drink of the red wine and only god knows how weak he is to any alcoholic liquid or even a simple wine.

As quietly as possible, I tugged on his waist and pulled him back through the house and out the back door.

Once we were outside I dropped him into a nearby chair and tried to figure out the best plan of action. His friends were currently in the table before the swimming pool, playing an uno cards and I knew if I went in with my brother, it could cause a scene.

My mom never knew my brother is already drinking which would stress her out if she knew and in turn, it would make my dad angry if she fussed over him like a child.

I just couldn't deal with that tonight.

"Brother, come on, what am I going to do with you? How can I bring you up your room?"

"Baby Sunny.. My baby sister", He slurred, "Why are you freaking out? I'm fine! I'm just a little dizzy and I still need to go with my friends to Eunjoo's party"

"Who's Eunjoo? I'm sure you can pass up. I mean I just came home and I want to be with my brother", I complain as he smiled at the growing pout in my lips.