1

Alice and her five year old young daughter were having lunch at one of their favorite places, Pop's.  Almost every person who lives in Riverdale one of their favorite place to go is Pop's. Of course Alice's daughter is one of Pop's favorite costumers like her father. 

The young girl was a spitting image of her father with his dark brown hair and chocolate eyes.  However, she had her mother's nose and sharp jaw line. 

"Mommy.. I'm done" the girl pushes her plate away from herself and more towards her mother. She had her food almost gone but did have a few things leftover. Which was a surprise to the girls mother because she usually always had her whole plate gone. She is a Jones after all.

"Do you want to take the rest to your father's?" the blonde asked about the leftover food sitting on the plate.

The younger girl nodded and wiped her mouth with the one of the napkin's that her mother had given her earlier.

"Are you excited to go to your father's house and spend time with him and Hot-Dog?" the woman asked her daughter as they walk out of the diner towards their car. 

It was a big adjustment for them all when Alice and FP split. Alice wasn't used to having the big house to herself nor not having someone to lay next to at night and share her day with. FP felt the same. He missed his daughter tremendously when she wasn't with him. He even missed her mother too. But he never admitted that to anyone.

As for Sophia, she missed having her parents together under one roof and being able to see them both all the time like in he past. It was the biggest adjustment for her having to be tossed around from her mothers house to her fathers place.

"Okay.. we're here" Alice announces as they pull up to FP's apartment complex. 

"Are you staying mommy?" the young girl asks. Every once in a while when her parents do drop-offs or pick- up's her father often sticks around their house for a little bit and her mother does the same. And there are times where they both quickly do drop-off and run off because it hurt them both too bad to leave their daughter and one another. 

But neither one them would admit that last part.

"I guess I can stay for a minute but I have to meet with a friend tonight" she helps her daughter grab her things out of the car and they walk into the building.

"What friend? Is it auntie Moine? That's not fair you're having a girls night without me" she pouted at the thought her mother and her favorite aunt would be having a fun girls night without her. Ever since the split Hermonie has been spending a lot more time with Alice and Sophia to try and make it easier for the young girl.

"No sweetie. It's a work friend" 

"Oh" Sophia says before knocking on her fathers door impatiently waiting for him to answer.

"Daddy!" she squeals upon seeing him. He gives his infamous wide smile before lifting the girl into his arms giving her a  tight bear hug.

"My peanut.. I missed you" He squeezes her, giving her a small peck on the head.

"I missed you too, daddy" she says as he sits her down on the ground. "Where's Hot Dog!?"  she asks looking around the room for the small dog her father had impulsively adopted and brought home after he moved into his new place.

"Somewhere around. Go find him while I talk to your mom" She smiles and looks back at her mom before taking off further into the apartment.

"You still have that thing?" Alice jokes trying to make light of the awkwardness that has been set between the two. FP always wanted to get a dog but Alice had always she didn't want the responsibility of a dog. But when got his own place he had gotten a dog for company to help him with the silence and loneliness of his home.

"I've kept our daughter alive, haven't I? I think I can handle a small dog running around" he replies half jokingly looking the woman in front of him up and down.

She raises a brow noticing him. "What are you looking at?"

"You look nice. You goin' somewhere special?" Not that she doesn't ever look nice but for some reason that night she looked extra dressed up and it didn't seem like it was just for kid drop- off.

Alice blushes at his compliment "I'm going out" 

"Oh. With who?" he wonders curiously leaning against the door frame.

"A friend" she replies sternly.

"Is this like a woman friend or a guy friend?"

She furies her brow and crosses her arms while standing straighter. "What's up with you today?" She wonders.

"Just curious. Just making sure you're safe" for the most part that is true but he was curious if it was an actual friend or if she was going on a date. They've been separated for about six months now but neither of them actually talked about dating other people meaning that technically they were still married. He would be lying if he said he didn't care about her dating other people. 

" I've been alone for the past several months, FP, I think I can handle myself" Alice comments. She had a moment of where she thought about making him jealous and tell him that she was going out with a guy but she decided against it not wanting to start a new fight when they finally at a place where they would be able to have small conversations and not turn it into a fight.

"I have to get going" she glances down at her watch sitting on her wrist.

FP nods "Soph come say goodbye to your mom" FP says into the room scanning it for his daughter.

"Bye mommy" she says as she comes running into the room towards the two. 

Alice pulls her in for a hug and when she pulls back she cups her daughters face. " Have fun with your father and Hotdog. I'll see you Sunday, okay?"

The young girl smiles and nods at her mother. 

"I love you so much, baby" she presses a peck into her hair.

"I love you too, Mommy" she smiles looking up at her mom.

She pulls back and Sophia joins her father on the other side of the door. 

"Bye Alice" FP smirks watching her walk away down the hall reaching the elevator. 

 "Bye Jones"  using the nickname she gave him back in high school that he would always pretend to hate. 

I'm very nervous to be postin this chapter finally this has been a story ive been working on for very long now. I was planning to start posting it last week but I never got any time to proof read it