Our Time has Passed

Start from the beginning

She silently groaned as she attempted to get his arm off of her. She never thought she'd feel what it was like to be smothered again. She was dying everyday she stayed in this relationship. She could feel herself sinking. Everyone around her saw it too. Her life was becoming one big ass Tyler Perry play without intermission. Falling on the floor, she stayed rooted until she heard him go back to snoring. Reaching up she grabbed her phone before crawling to the bathroom. Getting inside she locked the door before reading a message from Terry. 

Terrence: Ro said something about spring break. Would you like to go somewhere as a family?

She stared at the message. What did she say? Yes but I might not be able to go because this nigga be dragging my ass over the shower running? That didn't sound like things were okay. Choosing to ignore it, she did her hygiene and prepared for the day. She let out her first real breath when she got inside her car without him getting up. The beauty of the kids being with their dad. She rode to set in silence. Her thoughts flowing around her head. She didn't want to be alone. She had to admit that much. She was tired of being alone. She wanted to come home to someone. "Ugh fuck my life," she mumbled. There she went again, making excuses for this shit show. That wasn't a good enough reason to endure this shit. Especially letting your children see it.

Pulling up she parked then laid her head on the steering wheel. Tears fell down her face as she kept her head down. Terry pulled in next to her, seeing her leaning over. Getting out he walked to the passenger side and got in the car. "What the fuck!?" "What I tell you about that shit? You just asking for some crazy ass fan to roll up on you. Lock the doors back if you're going to sit in the car." Wiping her face, Taraji groaned. "Ugh okay get out." "No. What's the matter with you? Talk to me Beloved." "I really wish you'd stop that." "I will not. Stop putting this mask on as if things are good. Imma tell Cel to go stay at your place for a couple weeks if you don't talk to me."

Rolling her eyes she huffed. "I'm getting old Terrence. That's it. I don't feel like myself because I'm getting older." Terry raised an eyebrow at her. He knew when she was bullshitting him at this point. "What do you want to do for spring break?" "I don't know. Just plan something and let me know." He sat silently examining her. Something was off. Way off. Not in a I'm getting old way. Her mental was rewired. "I'm here Penda." "I know you are Dashon. I'm good. Just readjusting to life." Her eyes shifted around, unable to meet his. "I'll leave you to your alone time. I love you." She hummed in response waving him off. He let out a heavy breath as he got out the car. She watched him walk away, her screams internal. Why was she doing this to herself!?

Thanksgiving Day 2012

The sound of Nola laughing as Terry tossed her in the air melted Taraji's heart. The now 10 month old looked every bit of Taraji aside from her hazel green eyes. It amazed Taraji how his genes came through like that. Bernice walked out of the kitchen, seeing the 3 in the living room. She wished her daughter would stop with the bullshit. She loved that man so damn much but she wouldn't let herself embrace his love in return. It was getting sad. Everyone who knew them saw just how almost pathetic it was becoming. "Dinner is ready," she voiced when she saw Terry pull Raji closer to him. Raji let out a breath of relief.

The kids came barreling in. It felt good to have their full family together for the holiday. "Dad tell Cel I passed my driver's test on the first try," Heaven tossed after grace was said. "She did. Shocked the hell out of me too." Cel smacked his lips. He still wasn't going to let the 16 year old drive his car. He wasn't about to be walking everywhere just because she forgot where the brakes were. Looking to the side, Taraji noticed Aubrey was kind of quiet. "What's wrong baby?" "Just tired. College is rough man." "Midterms?" "Yeah. I have 2 classes where both professors said if we aced the Midterm then we won't have to take the final. I stayed up for a week straight studying. I hope it was worth it."  "I believe it was. You aced it. Don't even sweat it. You just pick a room and lay down when you get done eating though," Taraji told her.