ONE. OF. ME.

SECOND GRADE WAS much like anyone would think it was, the time where kids little brains would be expanding to start critical thinking and learning how to do research and much more complicated math

Gosh, I hate math.

Eleanor scolded down at the paper in front of her, a math problem she seemed to be stuck on making her angry. The teacher seemed to be busy with other kids, Eleanor rolling her eyes knowing that her teacher would be occupied for a long while with this one kid who seemed to always have trouble.

She dropped her head onto her little desk, eyes closing in annoyance as groaned to herself. She began to think about Klaus, wondering what it was he could possibly be doing. Does he have to deal with such a boring math problem? Thinking back on it, he probably had to deal with much worse. If it was anything to go by when remembering what kind of dad he had.

I'm positive he was doing much more complicated things, than just silly little second grade math problems, Eleanor thought to herself.

She had closed her eyes for but a second, spending that time thinking about Klaus and his siblings, when all of a sudden she frowned looking down at her feet standing on some marbled floors. She glanced around, frowning her eyebrows when she noticed she was in Klaus's home.

She had never experienced this kind of thing, normally visiting Klaus when she was going to bed, not during the day. Especially not during school. What was going on with her at school? Did she just disappear all of a sudden?

But no, her mother said she is usually still in bed. Just that she wouldn't respond. Is that what is going on right now at school? Will her seatmate notice that the little girl wasn't waking up? Will she be sent to the nurses office?

"Ellie?" Eleanor looked up, noticing Klaus walking her way with frowned eyebrows. "Shouldn't you be in school?"

Eleanor looked around once more, scratching at her arms and anxiety seemed to crawl up her arms.

"I should be, but I don't-I don't know how I got here." Eleanor explained. "I was just sitting in class, trying to answer a math problem."

"Ew, math."

"Klaus," Eleanor reprimanded him, trying to show him how much she was in distress. "All I did was close my eyes and suddenly I'm here!"

Eleanor looked at Klaus, expecting him to have an explanation but the boy was just as clueless as she was.

"I mean did you do something?"

"No," Eleanor told him. "All I did was wonder what you were up to. I don't think you have to do math like I do."

"No we still do," Klaus shrugged. "But we have to do so much more too. I wish I went to school."

"I don't know how to get back. I've never just came here during the day! It's usually when I'm sleeping."