W A R R I O R S.

ELEANOR SAT ON the floor of Four's room, knees pulled together and arms wrapped around them

ELEANOR SAT ON the floor of Four's room, knees pulled together and arms wrapped around them. Four was sitting across from her, casually munching on some snacks he had managed to smuggle from the kitchen.

They had spent a good while just talking about how it was Eleanor's last day of school; the boy smiling at every detail the girl had to say about 1st grade. She had expressed how it was a private school, her father being the one to place her there because he had the money to.

"But anywho, Rachel invited me to go with her to Paris but I said no." Eleanor had finished, explaining to Four about the friends she had at school.

"Why not?" Four asked, head tilted in confusion.

"I don't really want to." Eleanor shrugged. "Mom says we're gonna go on vacation anyways."

"I wish you could go with me." Eleanor told the boy, looking up at home.

"Yeah. I would like to go." Four told her with a smile.

He suddenly looked down, a sigh coming from him. He fiddled with his fingers, shutting his eyes tightly in a frightened manner. Eleanor looked at him, hands reaching out to soothe him.

"Four?"

"Dad told me I can see dead people." Four told her, looking up at her. "That's why the nanny was here."

"But you can see me." Eleanor looked at him confused. "I'm not dead. At least I don't think I am. I wake up just fine at home."

"You do?" Four questioned.

"Yeah!" Eleanor exclaimed. "I live with my mom and dad and brother Peter and my cat, Bacon."

"Yeah you told me that already. Where do you live?" Four asked.

"Oh, I live in New York. That's what mommy says."

"Really!?" Four suddenly smiled, his mind occupied with something other than the voices. "I do too!"

"You do! So you live really close to me then!" Eleanor smiled, coming to sit up on her legs.

"Ah that's so cool! I have a friend!" Four laughed, the two kids giggling to themselves.

"Yeah! We need to ask for a play date sometime!"

"I don't think dad would allow that." Four once again sagged his shoulders, feeling down about what his life was like.

"Oh." Eleanor said. "It's okay! I can meet you another time."

Eleanor frowned her eyebrows, tilting her head when she noticed Four was shaking a bit and hands turning white from being clenched so hard. She started to worry, so she placed a hand on his arm, the boy flinching from being frightened.

"Are you okay?" She asked the boy.

"It's just, I'm hearing voices." Four told her in a scared manner. "They're really scary and I don't like them."