S K Y F A L L.

REGINALD HARGREEVES LOOKED down at his pocket watch, the time showing that it was exactly high noon

     REGINALD HARGREEVES LOOKED down at his pocket watch, the time showing that it was exactly high noon. With a nod of his head he quickly pocketed the device, making his way up to the door of a home in Brooklyn, New York. He parked his car on the curb, the small driveways making him frown. The lawn was well kept, shrubs taking up the garden with colorful flowers that bloomed year around in New York.

With a stoic face, he knocked on the front door, the white color cleaned of any dirt from the outside. It was a white picket fenced home, the prime look for the American dream. He sneered, the house much too small for his liking. Sure it was perfect, not a leaf out of place, but he wanted more than this.

"Yes?" A small woman spoke in a timid voice, door cracking open only a bit. The woman was shaking, Reginald frowning his eyebrows as he watched her quake in his presence. While it didn't bother him, this woman was obviously timid and not in a shy manner.

"I'm looking for a girl by the name of Odalia Ratcliffe." Reginald told the woman.

Her eyes went wide and she quickly slammed the door in the old man's face, her footsteps hurrying off inside the town home. Reginald waited for a bit, hearing some kind of arguments going on inside. He glanced around waiting as more footsteps walked up to the door.

This time the door swung open with vigor, the cold wind hitting Reginald more as the air was disturbed. The man who opened the door was dressed to impress, collared shirt and dress pants firmly ironed. His hair was slicked back, nothing out of place. Representative Xavier Ratcliffe was a powerful man. Had part of New York under his thumb due to the church. 

The billionaire did not like this man. Was it more than likely because they had the same personality; probably. Though glancing over the man's shoulder he could see the timid woman soothing her red cheek, her eyes trained to the floor. Reginald looked back up at the man, head tilted up in a manner meant to make the man feel inferior.

"What do you want with my daughter?" The man asked, eyes squinted.

"I'm looking for your daughter because of the baby she had." The man frowned, eyes squinting in a accusing manner.

"What do you want with that witch?"

Reginald tilted his head, confused at why the man would say that.

"Is she not your daughter?"

Xavier scoffed, glaring at Hargreeves. "After what she did. I would never allow a demon into my home."

"If that is the case, then would you mind pointing me in the right direction of where I can find her? I wish to offer her a sum of money for the child she bore." This caught the politician's attention, his face turning into one of surprise.

"Money?" He asked, voice sounding astounded. Reginald squinted his eyes.

"Yes," He said. "Reginald Hargreeves. Pleasure to meet you."