Chapter 12 - Eddies POV

After we pick out a couple of movies for tonight, Steve and I walk up to the front counter where Robin is standing, a knowing smirk spreading across her face. I give her a confused look in response but she just shakes her head, walking to the register as Steve goes back around the counter. I place the movies on the counter and she rings me up.

"So...." she begins, "you and Steve are living together huh?"

My face burns red, "Well when you put it that way, the situation sounds a lot more domestic than it actually is. But sorta I guess. Just until the stuff with his parents gets figured out."

She pushes the tapes across the counter in my direction and I pick them up. "Whatever you say." She glances around, checking to see where Steve has gone. When she realizes he's wandered to a display case across the store, her joking tone turns slightly serious, "hey, I appreciate what you're doing for the dingus. You know, despite the fact you've only been friends for so long."

I look at her in slight shock, I know her and Steve are best friends, but I've never heard them talk fondly of each other like this. Their affection usually consists of rough housing and shared insults.

"Yeah, it's no problem. I can't exactly leave him homeless can I? Out of the kindness of this cynical soul." I wink at Robin, walking towards the doors to leave. "Bye Stevie boy." He spins around and sends me a wave, smiling softly.

"I'll see you later Munson."

I feel my heart flutter at Steve's kind expression. This boy is gonna be the death of me.

I return his smile and walk out the door, heart beating rapidly in my chest. I get to my van and hop in, starting the drive back to the trailer.

As soon as I arrive back to the trailer, I lock myself in my room and roll a joint. I've got time to burn, so I might as well enjoy myself.

- time skip to right before Steve gets back -

After I've properly enjoyed my hot boxing session, I crack open the window in my room, allowing some of the built up smoke to escape in ribbons. I get up and unlock the door to my room, heading to the kitchen. Just as I'm popping open a can of beer that I withdrew from the fridge, I hear a knock at the front door. I speed walk over and pull it open with excitement.

"Harrington!" I smile, my excitement may have to do a bit with the fact I am currently not sober. Steve looks at me and smiles his award winning smile. I stare as I notice the wrinkles that form along his mouth and around his eyes. "God" I think to myself, "it should be illegal to be so attractive." I know deep down I shouldn't feel this way about a straight guy, but I can't help but admire the man standing in front of me.

I realize I've been staring for over half a minute when Steve asks, "Uh, are you gonna let me in? Or are you just gonna stand there?"

I laugh at myself and step out of the way, allowing Steve to enter. He squints his eyes and waves in front of his face. "Jesus Christ, I can hardly see 2 inches in front of my face. How much did you smoke while I was gone?"

"Psshh," I shrug, "You're being dramatic. It was only like. 2 blunts. I just had all the windows closed so it could simmer. Like weed stew." I giggle to myself. Shit, I'm funny as hell.

Steve rolls his eyes and gestures to the bag he's holding. "I grabbed some clothes from my house to keep over here so I don't have to go back and forth for the moment. My parents are still home so I'll only stick around until they go back to travelling. I promise I'll be out of your hair soon."

Even in my hazy state I can tell Steves words are laced with slight insecurity. My eyebrows thread together in concern and I reply, "I promise you aren't over staying your welcome. You're actually pretty chill to hang out with Harrington. You could put your shit wherever in my room." I giggle to myself again.

Steve rolls his eyes at whatever I just said and walks over to my room. As soon as he walks through the doorway he stops abruptly, "Holy shit. I feel like I'm getting high just by inhaling your second hand smoke." He laughs, causing me to swoon.

"Hey, did you know that you have a really nice laugh?" I inform Steve casually as I walk past him into my room, fiddling with my cassette tape player. After a few moments of silence I turn around to face Steve again, half expecting him to not be there anymore, but he was. He was standing stiffly in place, eyes wide and face red.

He sees me give him a questioning look and immediately replies, "ah, thanks. That's nice of you to say." With the way he responded to the compliment you'd think nobody has ever said a single nice word to him in his entire life. I take special note of this and saunter closer to Steve, intoxicated me overruling any rational thought that surfaces.

I speak quieter as I respond, "Cmon Steve, loosen up. I won't bite. Unless you want me to." When I see Steves reaction I break into a side aching cackle, "Oh shit. Oh fuck, you should see your face right now," I try to contain my laughter. "It is way too easy to fluster you Harrington.

" Yeah yeah, fuck you Munson." He rolls his eyes and sits himself down on my bed, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. He notices the cassette in my hand and looks at me questioningly. "Hey I've never heard of that band before, do they make metal music too?"

I look down at the Iron Maiden cassette tape in my hand and hold back laughter. "Does Iron Maiden make metal music?" I can't help as a small laugh escapes my lips, "oh Stevie boy, you have a lot to learn."

"So teach me." Steve demands, looking at me with a mischievous grin.

Suddenly...I don't feel as high anymore.

(A/N - Ahh im not super happy with the ending of this one but i reallyyyy wanted to get a chapter out because im excited to get to the gay parts. I made eddie a giggly high type because thats how I am when im high so thats the characteristic i know the best. How do you guys think eddie would be like high? also, you guys, 3.8 k reads? 100 votes? I'm literally so honored so many of you enjoy this story!! Thank you, genuinely, for all of the amazing comments and just for reading in general. I appreciate it so so much. i hope youre all doing well! <3)