Chapter 11 - Steves POV

As I drive to the highschool to pick up Robin, my mind wanders. Why do I feel this...electric feeling whenever I'm around Eddie? And why am I just now realizing it? I've always had a sneaking suspicion that I like guys as well as girls. It began in middle school, when I met Tommy and Carol. They were already dating, but I couldn't help becoming jealous of them, especially when Tommy showed Carol affection. I didn't understand it at the time, but ever since Robin came out to me, I've come to the realization that I might be gay. But that doesn't make sense because I also like girls. All of the girls I've dated, even the ones that I only dated for a week, I've found pretty. But I also find Eddie to be pretty. Ugh, this is all so confusing.

I shove these thoughts out of my head as I pull up to the school, spotting Robin already jogging to the passenger seat of my car.

"Hey Steve." She greeted me in a much more serious tone than normal.

"Hey Robin, you okay?" I ask before driving off again.

She sighs and looks at me, although I don't take my eyes off the road to meet her gaze, "I tried calling you this morning and you didn't answer, and then I tried your walkie talkie because I figured you were still asleep, but again, no answer. I started to get worried so I asked someone in band to give me a ride to your house to see if you were okay and you weren't there," Robin didn't seem mad, but she was definitely frustrated. "What the hell Steve? I thought you were dead or kidnapped or something."

I cringe at my carelessness. Ever since everything with the Russians, Robin and I created a strict policy to prevent us overthinking whether we were safe or not (which happened often at the time). We would always update each other on our locations if we were going to a place we wouldn't normally go to in our schedules, and if we used the walkie talkies it was normally an emergency. I have broken both of these policies and I felt awful.

"God I'm sorry Robin, I totally forgot." Robin looked like she was about to cut me off but I began talking again before she had the opportunity, "something happened with my parents so I stayed the night at Eddies, and man, I have so much to tell you. I didn't mean to worry you." She must be more interested in what other stuff I have to tell her because she immediately drops the forgetting to call thing.

"Wait- woah woah woah. You and Eddie? Eddie Munson." I nod my head slowly

"Is that...weird?" I'm confused at her reaction. "Remember I told you we were becoming friends? Yeah well my need for a place to stay seems to be speeding up that process a bit."

Robin nods her head, but pauses, "what do you mean your need for a place to stay? What happened?"

I sigh as I realize I'll have to explain everything once again. "Lets wait until we get to work and I'll explain everything." She nods her head and looks like she's going to speak again but I shoot her a look and she immediately drops it, going back to staring out the window. I could tell it was killing her to not ask a  million questions, but she knows better than to push me, or she won't be told anything at all.

Once we get to the store, I open the front door and flip the open sign to say 'open' and I grab Robin and I's vests from the back. As I hand Robin hers, I notice her staring at me with expectancy, waiting for me to tell her everything. After I take a deep breath, I jump straight into it.

"Wait wait wait, let me make sure I understand. You and your dad got into a fight, so you left, but you didn't have anywhere to go so you went to Eddies, and now you're sure you have a crush on him?" Robin summarizes as I nod my head.

"Yep. Fun times, right?" I say sarcastically. 

Robin stares at me for a moment and then begins bouncing up and down repeatedly. "STEVE YOU LIKE BOYS?!?!?!" She basically yells. I grab her by the shoulders and hold her down, looking at her with a serious face.