19

Normal POV
We walked down the winding hallways led by the Golden Ladies hand in hand. Loki was not letting go of me, that much I could tell. We reached the coliseum? If that was the appropriate name for it, and one of the Golden Ladies said, "The Grandmaster is waiting for you." They both walked away and Loki tightened his grip on my hand. "Dear, if you hold my hand any harder you're going to break it," I said, only half joking.
"I saw the way the Grandmaster was looking at you. He'd do anything, anything--"
"Loki. Don't worry, you'll be sitting next to me, and I trust you with my safety."
He tenderly kissed me on the cheek and we walked into the VIP box. The Grandmaster was quick to greet the both of us. "Now if you don't mind, I have to welcome the masses." He said, walking down into the arena. I relaxed and sat down on the long, tufted couch with Loki. He wrapped his arm around me, stroking my hand. I rested my head on his shoulder. "Wow! Look at all of you!! Let's have a round of applause for all of our undercard competitors that today died so gruesomely!" The Grandmaster said, attracting a small round of applause. "Now, let's see what you make of this guy. Give a round of applause for the Lord of Thunder!!!"

Don't cry.

Don't stop breathing.

Focus on him winning.

He will win. He has to.

"Y/n, love. Look at me," Loki's voice penetrated my thoughts. I took a deep exhale, not realizing that I hadn't been breathing. Loki took my hand and squeezed it. "...Your Incredible Hulk!!!" Loki's face went pale at the mention of this savage champion. Oh. Shit.
"Loki! Loki, look who it is! We know each other, he's a friend from work!" Thor shouted, completely distracted from the task at hand. Loki stared at his brother, clearly getting some PTSD. I guess when you get Hulk Smashed into the Nine Realms it's not exactly peachy to see your assaulter again. I heard from down there, "No Banner! Only Hulk!" Oh. Shit. This was about to get bad. Really bad.
Loki and I watched as Thor got the utter shit beat out of him. Eventually, as Loki and I flinched, we saw lightning surround Thor...what was happening? We sat on the edge of our seats. Thor knocked the Hulk to the side, surprising us all. A new cheer emerged from the crowd, "Thunder, thunder, thunder!" Thor was just about to win when the Grandmaster activated an electrocution thingie. I stood up suddenly to protest but Loki quickly grabbed my arm. "Don't."
************
Hours passed and I learned from gossip in the halls that Thor was not far from our suite in his own room. I decided to go down and visit him as I had not done so since we had arrived here, apart from the short time when Thor had been in the chair. "Love, where are you off to?" Loki asked as I pulled on a sheer cape in an attempt to cover myself a bit more.
"To go check on Thor."
"Alright. Well, be careful, please," Loki said as he kissed me. I nodded and replied, "Always." I walked out of our suite and down the hallway a bit until I reached an open door. Some maids were cleaning Thor's wounds from the fight. He bolted upright and groaned, scaring the maids off. I cautiously walked in, seeing Hulk in a hot tub in the corner...sleeping. "Y/n?" He groaned.
"It's me. How're you doing?"
"Sore. How're you?"
"Fine. I saw what the Grandmaster did. Wasn't fair."
Thor shrugged it off and got up. That attracted the attention of Hulk who got up. "That's...uh, that's very naked. It's in my brain now," Thor said. "Quinjet," Hulk said as he pointed down to the ground. I attempted to keep my eyes averted.
A few moments later, the woman I recognized as 142 came into the suite. "Listen--" Thor said. 142 raised an eyebrow and said, "Fine. You have until I get to the bottom of this bottle." She lifted a bottle and began to drink. "Asgard is in danger and--wow." She finished the drink and dropped it to the ground, breaking it. "Done. Bye!" She waved sarcastically.
"Fine, then you must be either a traitor or a coward because the Valkyrie is sworn to defend the throne."
Me and 142 both froze at the same time. Valkyrie? This Valkyrie turned on her heels and pointed a dagger against Thor's throat. "Listen your Majesty this is Sakaar not Asgard. Last time I believed in the throne--" she shook her head as if trying to shake away a bad memory, "The point is, I'm not getting involved in one of Odin's family squabbles."
"Odin is dead."
"Then Asgard's already lost."
She said something about the throne, the secrets and the whole golden sham which technically, I couldn't fault her on that. "Which is why I turned down the throne," Thor said. "I'm putting together a team," he continued. "It's me, her, him--"
"NO TEAM, ONLY HULK!!"
"Well then, it's me, her, and you."
Valkyrie, I guess her name was, shook her head. "I prefer to run towards my problems instead of running away," Thor said, tossing a ball. "Because that's--" the ball smacked him in the head, causing me to laugh. "Because that's what heroes do." He jumped out the window. "THOR!" I screamed, looking down. "Best friend!" Hulk yelled.