Part 25 : The Worst Politics

Comincia dall'inizio

Now go get ready... We need to leave...

Arjun left the place to get ready... While he reached his room, he got shocked to see Subhadra standing there, waiting for him...

Arjun : Subhadra...

Subhadra : Prince Arjun...

With this, they both hugged each other... Subhadra's eyes were teary... She had missed him a lot... The pain of separation was much more painful for her...

She shyly told Arjun that she had talked to her parents about her love for Arjun

She shyly told Arjun that she had talked to her parents about her love for Arjun... And they had agreed for the marriage... Infact her family had already seen few auspicious dates for engagement... And they want them to engage properly...

Arjun told Subhadra about the decision of Dau... Subhadra never knew that her brother would plan her marriage without her approval... She was shocked... She hugged Arjun tightly and muttered what she wanted to...

Subhadra : I love you Arjun and I can't marry any one else other than you in my whole life...

Subhadra suddenly released Arjun from her grip and headed towards Balaram's room...

Arjun stopped her... He told her of the plan of Krishna... He knew that Madhav would make everything right...

On the next day, the 4 brothers with Draupadi and Kunti left for Hastinapur while Karna left for Anga Pradesh... Krishna, Balaram and Subhadra left for Dwarka as per the plan...

As soon as the 4 brothers stepped in the palace, Dhritarashtra rose to welcome them... Duryodhan was not present in the assembly hall... With great pomp, the Crown Prince and the Queen was welcomed to the Palace...

As Dhritarashtra led Yudhishtir towards his usual seat of the Crown Prince, Duryodhan arrived with his 99 brothers and Shakuni...

Duryodhan : Maharaj... Till all these days, I was the Crown Prince of Hastinapur... Now as Yudhisthir came, you made him seat on the seat? We don't agree with this...

Dhritarashtra : Duryodhan, we didn't know that Yudhishtir was alive... We got the news that he and his brothers with Kunti has died in an accident...

Bhishma : Yes... And that's why we declared you as the crown prince... But when the previously recruited crown prince is alive then the crowning ceremony of any other prince gets meaningless... So you don't have any rights over this seat anymore...

Duryodhan : Wow... Great Pitashri and Pitamaha... You all favour the Pandavas... We both are the elders... But still he got the crown... In other professions, we see the child directly inherits the properties of his father... But in my case, I can't...

Why? Isn't my father a king too? Why can't I get the throne?

Bhishma : You don't know about the past then my son... The throne of Hastinapur wasn't passed on to Dhritarashtra... He was blind and was thus misfit for running a kingdom... So, the throne was passed to Pandu... But as Pandu died and the throne was empty, Dhritarashtra was made the king for the time deciding that when the new generation will get into youth then the eldest will get the throne... And the eldest was Yudhishtir... So that's why he has the right over the throne...

Duryodhan : I know it all Pitamaha... But I'm the eldest too... We 100 brothers are the Kauravas... And we won't stay in this partial kingdom... If I don't get the throne I will leave this kingdom and take the paths of Brahmacharya...

Dhritarashtra : No son... Don't say like that... Yudhishtir... You're elder and know Dharma... Say what will be better for Hastinapur and its throne...

Yudhishtir : Maharaj, how can I even say about this when the elders are present here in this assembly hall... I think its better if the decision is taken by Pitamaha and Kakashri.... I and my brothers promise to abide by anything they decide...

Bhishma : I think the time has come when the great empire of Hastinapur needs to be divided... Both Duryodhan and Yudhishtir have rights over the throne and should rule over the kingdom of the ancestors... Gandhari was pregnant first though it took time for her to conceive while Kunti got the sons from the Gods... So both of them have the rights and that would be the best...

Vidur : Whatever Tatshree said is right and abides by Dharma... I support his decision too...

Dhritarashtra : If that's your wish and opinion then an equal division will be done of the empire of Hastinapur... During the assembly tomorrow, both the groups will say the part which they will take... Till then, no further discussion about this will follow... Also the assembly is dismissed for today...

With this, the assembly got dismissed...

Within a few hours after this, Bheem, who was strolling around the Kingdom suddenly heard some whisperings from a room in front of him...

He silently stepped forward and tried to know what was going on... And the thing he heard made him surprised...

Duryodhan : Mamashri... Your plan was superb... I never thought that they will listen to all these and will think about it... But Mamashri I don't want this division... Pandavas doesn't have any right over the property of our ancestors... Why will they rule half of our kingdom?

Shakuni : Don't worry my son... We will make it sure that we get the better half... Also let them rule for some time too... They will be independent but they won't be able to be superior... We'll perform the rajsuya and you will be the emperor of the whole Aryavart...

Duryodhan : You're forgetting Mamashri... Karna and Arjun are the best of Archers... We don't have anyone to counter them... And Bheem has supreme strength... Why will they stay quiet and allow us to do Rajsuya? Also Arjun is Krishna's friend... He has a strong political base... We won't get a stand...

Shakuni : That's why we have planned for your marriage with Subhadra my son... If the marriage gets accomplished, Krishna will be on our side... And Pandavas won't ever raise their weapons on Krishna and Balaram... The victory will be ours... Don't worry son... And after that, you'll be the emperor and you can then throw the Pandavas away from their kingdom and take over the part too...

Duryodhan : What a plan Mamashri... This plan will bring that evil Pandavas down...

As Bheem heard of everything, he quickly left to give the news to Yudhishtir and also to send a message to Arjun...

Now what will happen... Will Shakuni win this time? Balaram wants the marriage of Duryodhan and Subhadra... Will Krishna and the family make Arjun marry Subhadra? The political situation is getting worse for the Pandavas... Will they survive in this situation? Stay tuned to know more...