Tumango ito. "Um... yeah..." Youri sighed. "Ano— we're going to spend my birthday there because she has never been to New York and..." Yumuko ito at halatang hindi ito komportable. "We will be spending some time with Saskia too..."

Napakurap siya sa narinig.

"Why?" tanong niya ng makabawi sa bigla.

He wasn't informed they were close so he doesn't see a reason why.

"Sorry I didn't tell you but my sister become friends with Saskia and it kind of— you know — expanded on to me."

"Does it mean you and Saskia are friends now?" he asked.

"Sort of but not close." Youri scratched his head. "I hope you don't mind."

"No, of course not." Tumingin siya sa pool. "How is she?"

"I'm not sure how is she. I don't talk to her that much but Venice said she's okay."

Napatango siya saka walang buhay na umangat ang isang gilid ng labi niya. "Glad she is."

"You still love her, kuya?"

Smirking, Lorch slowly nodded. "Yeah, very much. It's tough to wipe it off especially when I'm doing nothing to forget her."

"You don't have to."

Mahina siyang natawa saka umiling. "Someday I will have to, Youri. My love for her is forbidden."

Youri sighed, nodding his head.

Nagpaalam itong matutulog na samantalang siya ay naisipang umalis ng bahay niya kahit gabi na.

Straddling his motorbike, Lorch drove off without a clear destination in his head aside from driving the main road around the Island. That's roughly over seven hundred kilometers and will take him six hours at normal speed but he's going over one hundred kilometers per hour so that shouldn't take him that long.

He was halfway on his drive when he felt the vibration in his pocket. Kaya naman ay huminto siya para sagutin ang tawag. This must be something important for somebody to call him this late.

Kumunot ang noo niya ng tauhan niya iyon. One of the two people that he ordered to look after Saskia's parents.

"Yes?" he asked after swiping to take the call.

"Boss, sinugod po sa hospital ang ama ni miss Saskia."

Umawang ang labi niya at kahit pigilan niya ay hindi niya mapigilan ang kaba at pag-aalala na bumalot sa puso niya.

"What happened?" he asked as he starts his motorbike again.

"Stroke boss. Iyon ang pagkakarinig ko mula sa ina ni miss Saskia."

"Damn it!" Lorch cussed and drop the call before turning around to head to the airport.

Pagkarating ng airport ay agad niyang tinawagan ang kaibigan niyang transporter sa grupo nila.

"Sanity, I need a sane pilot. Now!"

Sanity groaned. "I only work as a pilot or a driver when we have a case, Lorch. Spare me with your— "

"Fuck! Sanity! Saskia's father had a stroke I need to be there!" Lorch shouted.

"Oh! Sorry. I'm coming! I'm coming! Where the heck are you?" Tanong nito sa mabilis na paraan at narinig niya na lang ang tumatakbong mga yabag at sigaw nito. "I'm going out! Lorch had an emergency!" Sigaw nito sa iba nilang kaibigan.

"I'm at the airport, Sanity. Be quick."

"Copy."

Lorch rubbed his face after ending the call. He took a few deep breaths to calm himself but it barely help.